Default Water Heater Vent

Hi All,

Saw this vent for a water heater and it look ok to me. However ,I’ve neverseen this type of arrangement for awater heater. I wanted to wait before I passed judgment on whether this is anOK arrangement. I would really appreciate input from the group. See the pics the Inlet has the following info ANS-721-12A 1977 that can't be seen in the picture

Thank so much

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Fidel Gonzales; 11-20-2012 at 04:34 PM.
    Member Benefits1
    Fidel F. Gonzales
    RELIANT INSPECTION SERVICE
    http://www.reliant-corp.com

Default Re: Water Heater Vent

Wow-- never seen that arrangement before. It's got the required draft diverter in the same room as the water heater, so I don't know for sure if that is wrong. What do the manufacturer's installation instructions say?

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

No, not okay. Need lowboy or shorter WH in low ceiling height uninsulated half-basement or crawl space. Top 18" clearance unprotected ceiling/floor assembly.Double action baro damp and safety interlock from b-vent not single wall with *foil?* "shield" on lateral section in unconditioned short height half-basement or crawl adjacent to steel I-beam mid span support. Breaching wrong too, chimney should be lined and marked. Looks possible of the vintage home which may have originally had coal fired furnace & unlined (or poss. tiled) chimney for same...is this a mid-to-late 40s split level?

Last edited by H.G. Watson, Sr.; 11-20-2012 at 08:02 PM.

No manufacture instruction. The home is a 1901 Victorian. With a basement. It also has a modern boiler for heat. Thanks to you both for responding

Fidel F. Gonzales
    RELIANT INSPECTION SERVICE
    http://www.reliant-corp.com