Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Home inspection school - Inspection Certification Associiates

Hello to all HI's I'm just writing to ask if any one here has ever heard of "Inspection Certification Associates". If anyone has and could tell me what they know about this HI school I would appreciate it, thank you for your time and input.

Rick

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Home inspection school - Inspection Certification Associiates

I looked at their website and saw nothing that impressed me. The chances that they can provide quality education for their fee is virtually nil.

Eric Barker, ACI
    Lake Barrington, IL

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Ramirez View Post
    Hello to all HI's I'm just writing to ask if any one here has ever heard of "Inspection Certification Associates". If anyone has and could tell me what they know about this HI school I would appreciate it, thank you for your time and input.

Rick

If your looking for some serious training by instructors that have hands on experience , and support after the training. Check these guys out
    Home Inspection Classes Schools Training Education Certification

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Garry Blankenship Guest

No knowledge of them. Important to insure any training you get is a credentialed / listed source by your licensing entitiy, if there is one in your area. I trained with A.H.I.T. and they run a good program. Others can probably give you comparable sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    If your looking for some serious training by instructors that have hands on experience , and support after the training. Check these guys out
    Mike and Kevin both had hair in 1994 when they were my instructors! Funny I have about the same amount of hair now as I did then!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Ted Menelly Guest

wow

"Comprehensive" 6 day home inspection training

Really????????????????

You know. I find it funny that in Texas one only needs 480 hours or something like that.

That's what?? 80- days

Ted I agree, but the guy is in Calif. no Lic required. 6 days of training and field experience from experienced educators and inspectors, beats taking an online quiz and instantly calling and marketing himself as a "certified inspector"

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

I looked into Inspection Certification Associates ICA briefly and the address 417 E. Illinois Rt. 173, Antioch, IL is actually a UPS Store along the border with Wisconsin. Looks like a scam to me. No record of them with Illinois as a licensed business either, but an Internet search (Bizpedia) shows Inspection Certification Associates LLC registered in Wisconsin to Jeremy Robert Meadows, 29153 White Oak Lane, Waterford, WI 53185. It looks like he's reselling another school's training to make a fast buck.

UPDATE:
    The address on the Inspection Certification Associates website has now been changed to 332 S. Michigan Ave. Suite 1032-C286, which belongs to The Mail Center of Chicago, Inc., a re-mailing service popular with telemarketers who want to hide their offices, not the school's physical location which could be in another state. The mail center advertises, "Have a confidential Chicago mailing address for pennies a day!" If it's a legitimate school, it will have a real office somewhere, otherwise how would you ever get your money back or file a complaint? There is no protection period.

Contact Us | Home Inspection Training & Certification Online
    Inspection Certification Associates
    332 S. Michigan Ave
    Suite 1032-C286
    Chicago IL 60604-4434

The Mail Center of Chicago, Inc.

332 S. Michigan Ave. Chicago IL 60604
    (312) 922-1788
    https://www.mailcenterofchicago.com

Rick

Last edited by Thomas Johnson; 01-04-2015 at 11:51 AM.

Smile Re: Home inspection school - Inspection Certification Associiates

Interesting school, what are the courses they are offering, how many years are they in the industry? There are numerous sites that can offer teaching and info about home inspection and ACs. Air Conditioning Repair San Fernando

Rick
    I am the course author of the training program offered by Inspection Certification Associates, and I can assure everyone that it is a state-of-the-art inspection education program, completely up-to-date for 2014. My track record speaks for itself, as I have provided education sessions at many, many national, regional and local inspection events. Some of the comments in this thread puzzle me, as I am clearly listed as the Director of Education on the home page, with a link directly to my bio. The company is located in Chicago, as am I. The ICA program has a lower price point than other schools with similar curricula simply because we have decided to make the education available to the many folks who may have experienced financial setbacks over the last few years and cannot come up with the hefty fees some schools are asking for. I am responding to this thread because several folks have recently contacted me to sort out the facts, and anyone else with questions on the program may feel free to do the same (or you can simply google up "Steve Preins" and see for yourself).

Thanks
    Steve Preins

Lightbulb Re: Home inspection school - Inspection Certification Associiates

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Preins View Post
    I am the course author of the training program offered by Inspection Certification Associates, and I can assure everyone that it is a state-of-the-art inspection education program, completely up-to-date for 2014. My track record speaks for itself, as I have provided education sessions at many, many national, regional and local inspection events. Some of the comments in this thread puzzle me, as I am clearly listed as the Director of Education on the home page, with a link directly to my bio. The company is located in Chicago, as am I. The ICA program has a lower price point than other schools with similar curricula simply because we have decided to make the education available to the many folks who may have experienced financial setbacks over the last few years and cannot come up with the hefty fees some schools are asking for. I am responding to this thread because several folks have recently contacted me to sort out the facts, and anyone else with questions on the program may feel free to do the same (or you can simply google up "Steve Preins" and see for yourself).

Thanks
    Steve Preins
    Steve thank you for your reply good info you posted even thou it's only about two years after my original posting of question. Better late than never I suppose.

Thanks again

Rick

Steve thank you for your reply good info you posted even thou it's only about two years after my original posting of question. Better late than never I suppose.

Thanks again

Rick
    Well, Rick, I am seldom on this board, and this thread only came to my attention recently. My point was, if anyone has questions about our program, they should ask us directly, and not well-intentioned folks on this board who do not know of the program.

Steve Preins

Cool Re: Home inspection school - Inspection Certification Associiates

Well, Rick, I am seldom on this board, and this thread only came to my attention recently. My point was, if anyone has questions about our program, they should ask us directly, and not well-intentioned folks on this board who do not know of the program.

Steve Preins
    Steve thank you for the reply. But my post was to get an unbiased views of the school. To which I was unable to find any that have ever attended the school. And yes I did do the obvious and called the school and got school information. But as I mentioned the posting was to get unbiased views. I'm sure your ok with one doing their research?

Rick

All they are going to give you is class formatted books to read, while this can give you a good deal of learning it is not the same as any sort of hands on instructor lead education would be, but instructor lead education is going to cost alot more. If you just want page click through reading education I suggest joining InterNACHI they are a full inspector association that includes alot of help building and marketing your business including hundreds of web courses that will be just as good if not better than the school your looking at.

Which may not be saying much.

Just whats needed another home inspection school watering down the gene pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Just whats needed another home inspection school watering down the gene pool.
    Here Here brother...

Brian needs to provide CEUs for the information on this board - if a new inspector reads all of the posts made over the preceding 10 years (which goes back to the old board), then that new inspector gets a certificate which is worth as much as the other paper certificates from the other schools ... except that the knowledge gained reading this board combines all types of knowledge about all types of things from all different locations around the country ... that should put that inspector head and shoulders above the certificate holders from the other schools.

Brian could, I'm sure, create a tracking app which would document and track that each of the previous posts has been read (which is not a guaranty that the information was retained), the app would let the inspector know how many posts have been read and how many more are left to read.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I echo Jerry's views. There is a wealth of real time info here on this forum from a diversity of inspectors and geographically.

And as far as I am concerned all associations should permit active participants to gain CEU's per their participation. Five CEU's per year would be suitable in my view.

I added bold and underlining to the key word:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    And as far as I am concerned all associations should permit active participants to gain CEU's per their participation. Five CEU's per year would be suitable in my view.
    Inspectors who are already members of an association, not just new inspectors coming into the business would be required to *participate* in the discussions and information.

New inspectors can learn so much by just reading all the information, and reading that information will, I am sure, lead to participation on the part of new inspectors as the information would raise questions for them to ask ... and raise information that they know which we do not know, they could post that information so we could learn from them.

Think of the information which could be found here, and shared here, if every inspector *participated* - WOW! Now, that would be cool!

And all *participants* would be winners ...

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I do not know of Inspection Certification Associates but I do know Steve Preins and have known him for several years. He puts on some of the best CE classes that we have in our area and if I were to fault his programs it'd be that not enough inspectors attend them.

- - - Updated - - -

I do not know of Inspection Certification Associates but I do know Steve Preins and have known him for several years. He puts on some of the best CE classes that we have in our area and if I were to fault his programs it'd be that not enough inspectors attend them.

Eric Barker, ACI
    Lake Barrington, IL

Steve,
    Where in Chicago is this school located and who is the owner? The address on the ICA website has been changed to 332 S. Michigan Ave. Suite 1032-C286, but belongs to The Mail Center of Chicago, Inc., a re-mailing service popular with telemarketers, not the school's real location. It surprises me that you are responding in this forum rather than the business owner who is the responsible party. No one questions your credentials, but if people are contacting you personally to sort things out for a business that you do not own then there is a problem. You should not be puzzled that people have a right to a fair and unbiased review of a school and know truthfully where it is located and who collects the tuition. There is no one reading this forum who would disagree that potential students have a right to know the school's real address and owner if you are going to vouch for them.

Thanks
    Steve Preins

Last edited by Thomas Johnson; 01-04-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    - if a new inspector reads all of the posts made over the preceding 10 years (which goes back to the old board), then that new inspector gets a certificate which is worth as much as the other paper certificates from the other schools ... except that the knowledge gained reading this board combines all types of knowledge about all types of things from all different locations around the country ... that should put that inspector head and shoulders above the certificate holders from the other schools.
    Feb will be ten years in the business for me. The first years were lean and I spent a lot of time reading this and other forums. I did read every reply to every post on this forum. I was able to view photos of problems and read the discussion about potential causes, possible solutions, as well as the various code citations regarding the condition often years before I ever saw the condition myself. I know from attending HI association meetings that I was more knowledgeable than many of those attending. It has served me well all these years.

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Barker View Post
    Since you've known Steve Preins for some time, any guesses as to how many actual home inspections/reports he's performed during those years?

I don't know why anyone would pay for pre-licensing classes in Illinois now that InterNachi has their entire state compliant curriculum online for absolutely no charge. Someone who is interested in getting their IL HI license can get all the course work for free in the comfort of their own home and then they can hook up with a practicing/active IL HI and get their field work done and signed off on.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know why anyone would pay for pre-licensing classes in Illinois now that InterNachi has their entire state compliant curriculum online for absolutely no charge. Someone who is interested in getting their IL HI license can get all the course work for free in the comfort of their own home and then they can hook up with a practicing/active IL HI and get their field work done and signed off on.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Dan Cullen
    www.domicileconsulting.com
    Chicago IL

Thanks again

Rick
    The reason I took the trouble to register for this forum and reply to this thread, is that when you do a search for Inspection Certification Associates reviews, TODAY, April 29th, 2017, there is a very obviously uninformed comment, offered as an answer to your question about wanting an informed opinion of Inspection Certification Associates and their online course offering. When I say uninformed, I simply mean a comment by someone that shouldn't have offered any comments on this organization, or it's course offerings, simply because they did not participate in the course they were advising against. I'm not talking about your comment, Rick, about Steve Prein's post being "better late than never", but in this case, a post by another member, Eric Barker.
    I am only replying to this old thread because it still, today, gets a very prominant hit from Google users, searching on reviews for ICA.

See the comment below that I was originally referencing:

"Eric Barker Re: Home inspection school - Inspection Certification Associiates I looked at their website and saw nothing that impressed me. The chances that they can provide quality education for their fee is virtually nil".

I too was interested in their course, because it was less expensive than most other offerings I had looked at and having been unemployed for going on six months, at that time, cost was a very definite consideration.

I did purchase their course and complete it. I have been extremely satisfied, more so, than I originally thought I would be.
    Their course includes a free one year membership with ASHI, A very informative bonus module on using drones in home inspections, (something that I have been very interested in and am currenty using for roof inspections and real estate aerial photography),
    a link to a study guide that has over 700 NHIE examiniation questions authored by the same organization that developed the NHIE exam and 2 optional Marketing modules containing about 8 hours of marketing instruction, that I have since determined to be very spot on and valuable to my business.

I only have a couple of years of background in construction, having worked as a framing carpenter, way back in 2000-02.

The most honest and impressive endorsement I can give Inspection Certification Associates for their online course offerings, is that I passed the NHIE exam by a comfortable margin, the first time I took it. I'm not saying that that makes me smart, or by any means an expert in home inspection, because I am most certainly not. I am a beginning "newbie" to the home inspection profession. But, and I only learned this after passing the exam, that only 30% of first time NHIE exam takers, even pass the exam on the first try. So for someone with somewhat limited, trade experience from several decades ago, I am extremely pleased with the course offering I took from Inspection Certification Associates. I found it to be a very informative and comprehensive program, that definitely allowed me to acomplish my objective of passsing the NHIE exam.

While I was completing my 30 hours of field training and participating in the 10 required live home inspections, with a Louisiana State approved Home Inspector/Home Inspector instructor that Louisiana requires for licensing, with two other field trainee's that did NOT attend ICA's online course, I felt that I was at least as well prepared and knowlegable as they were and both of them had considerably more and recent, trade experience than I did. Our field instructor was a long time home inspector and prior board member of the Louisiana State Board of Home Inspectors. He said after working with me on the required in-field training, that the online course that I had taken before coming to him, had prepared me well for the in-field training.
    The fact that I was able to pass the NHIE exam as well, is further proof, at least to me, that the course was exactly what I needed, at a price that also worked very well for me given the circumstances that I was in at time, being then unemployed for about 6 months.

Rick, I realize that as old as this post is, my reply does nothing for you. Sorry about that.... Hopefully though, the next time someone does a search from Google about reviews for ICA and gets a hit on Eric Barker's "review", mabe they will read a little further and get a much more accurate "review" of Inspection Certifiction Associates' course, by someone that actually went through their course.
    Eric, I have no doubt you are very knowlegable and experienced and I mean no disrespect to you or to questiuon anything about your experience or abilities. I just wish that since you hadn't actually take the course that I did take, that you wouldn't have given them such a negative "review", with no real first-hand experience of their offering. That's all.

Sincerely,
    Greg Speed

I don't know if their material is out of date, but their website certainly is. They still have NAHI logos on it. NAHI is out of business.

And I'm not finding any governmental approvals for them.

Here are InterNACHI's: InterNACHI's inspection courses and exams are the most recognized, approved and accredited in the inspection industry. - InterNACHI

The InterNACHI Home Inspector School – Classroom training from the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors provides real hands-on training with the House of Horrors. Chairs and PowerPoint presentations aren't the way to train for the inspection industry.

Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

Anyone else catch the contradiction Lisa made?

Shhh ....

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

No, enlighten us.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    No, enlighten us.
    LMFAO!

That was good......I caught it Jerry.

Please enlighten us all.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Please enlighten us all.
    All in due time, Lisa/Nick/whoever you really are ... first checking to see how many other see it when they read what you wrote ... really is quite hilarious ... and even more hilarious that you don't see it - especially being in charge of communication, et al, and all the claims made in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza
    I don't know if their material is out of date, but their website certainly is. They still have NAHI logos on it. NAHI is out of business.

And I'm not finding any governmental approvals for them.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I don't see it. Are you going to explain or are you full of crap again?

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

I don't see it. Are you going to explain or are you full of crap again?
    Patience is a virtue ...

Not being able to read what one writes is not a virtue ...

All of your blustering posts about so little of nothing - with so many posts about so little of nothing ... your mind must be going in circles trying to figure it out, yet it is so simple.

Your lack of patience explains, to a small extent, why there are so many posts about so little of nothing from you.

Show us at least one virtue ... that of patience.

To any and all others - how many have seen it? Don't say what it is, just a 'Got it.' will do. Cool, huh?

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

You sound like a little boy I knew in 2nd grade who always claimed he knew some secret that he could never reveal. He was a sissy too.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

You sound like a little boy I knew in 2nd grade who always claimed he knew some secret that he could never reveal. He was a sissy too.
    That is the most professional response you have made yet on any subject ... and the most revealing too as it confirms what many have thought of you and your posts.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...tml#post271933

Lisa proclaimed:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza
    Nick Gromicko is now the Executive Director of NAHI
    Now Lisa has proclaimed:
    NAHI is out of business.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...tml#post271933

Lisa proclaimed:

Now Lisa has proclaimed:

Wait......I thought Nick was suing NAHI?

LOL....

I'm Looking at AHIT (America Home Inspector Training) AHIT.com Has anyone else used them, I have read some really great reviews for them!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Sheppard View Post
    Wait......I thought Nick was suing NAHI?

LOL....
    www.nachi.org/nahi

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cullen View Post
    I don't know why anyone would pay for pre-licensing classes in Illinois now that InterNachi has their entire state compliant curriculum online for absolutely no charge. Someone who is interested in getting their IL HI license can get all the course work for free in the comfort of their own home
    And InterNACHI is the ONLY home inspection school that is accredited by the U.S. Department of Education to provide actual college-level accredited courses: https://www.nachi.org/accredited-hom...ion-school.htm

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by Roy White View Post
    I'm Looking at AHIT (America Home Inspector Training) AHIT.com Has anyone else used them, I have read some really great reviews for them!

Roy,
    I took the AHIT course in 2011, completed the course in the recommended time and passed the NHIE on the first try with no problem. I believe that my limited experience as a tradesman helped me with the exam because I had no preconceived notions about construction. I have a successful business today and work towards getting at least 50 CEC per year to stay ahead of the curve. I recommend AHIT and, if you have the time and funding, try to get to Mike Casey's annual conference for inspectors at the end of September in Vegas.
    Best wishes....

I don't recommend that you attend an un-accredited school. Attend an accredited inspection school: https://www.nachi.org/accredited-hom...ion-school.htm

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

I don't recommend that you attend an un-accredited school. Attend an accredited inspection school:
    There a lot of 'accredited' schools out there for lots of things, but unless you are looking for 'credits' which can be earned or possibly transferred, "education" is what they should be looking for ... not 'accredited' ... they will be taking the knowledge learned with them, not some sort of accreditation.

Besides, falsely accredited schools exist and take advantage of unsuspecting persons - as pointed out in some of the links on accreditation you have provided. We thank you for pointing those links out to us, we have been forewarned.

So, my opinion is that they should go where they feel they will get the education they seek, some of which have been mentioned below by those who went to those classes.

As always ... just my opinion ... and thank you for those links.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Coulombe View Post
    Roy,
    I took the AHIT course in 2011, completed the course in the recommended time and passed the NHIE on the first try with no problem. I believe that my limited experience as a tradesman helped me with the exam because I had no preconceived notions about construction. I have a successful business today and work towards getting at least 50 CEC per year to stay ahead of the curve. I recommend AHIT and, if you have the time and funding, try to get to Mike Casey's annual conference for inspectors at the end of September in Vegas.
    Best wishes....
    Thank you for the information, I appreciate the help.

Ted I agree, but the guy is in Calif. no Lic required. 6 days of training and field experience from experienced educators and inspectors, beats taking an online quiz and instantly calling and marketing himself as a "certified inspector"
    California home inspection is a complete and utter JOKE. Its these guys that the realtors gravitate towards be they don't know crap and therefore can't find crap. NACHI is just a machine capitalizing on the illegitimate.

Aint no week-long class in the world that is going to help you understand and memorize enough building code to keep you from getting you a$$ sued off. That comes from working in the trades or shadowing a real inspector for what.....a few years?
    And let's face it. Those of us who have been doing this long enough know that it really is a "code" inspection. No matter what or how this business is packaged and sold by NACHI or others to the "lets get rich crowd"...or the "all I need is like 300 realtors referring me and Im set for life" inspectors.
    That is until you blow a deal or get sued or both.

Last edited by Marc M; 07-27-2019 at 08:10 PM.

There a lot of 'accredited' schools out there for lots of things, but unless you are looking for 'credits' which can be earned or possibly transferred, "education" is what they should be looking for ... not 'accredited' ... they will be taking the knowledge learned with them, not some sort of accreditation.

Besides, falsely accredited schools exist and take advantage of unsuspecting persons - as pointed out in some of the links on accreditation you have provided. We thank you for pointing those links out to us, we have been forewarned.

So, my opinion is that they should go where they feel they will get the education they seek, some of which have been mentioned below by those who went to those classes.

As always ... just my opinion ... and thank you for those links.
    Excellent post.

Read #3: http://www.consumerfraudreporting.or..._Recognize.php

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

3. Does the website have a .edu suffix?
    All real schools have a domain that ends in .edu. A few scam schools managed to sneak in, but aside from a couple of community colleges that are still in the application process, if the school does not have a .edu extension, forget it.

And the last sentence is incorrect if one is looking for knowledge and don't need/want to transfer "credits" ... and I doubt home inspectors "need/want to transfer credits" ... therefore a .edu does not matter ... and then there are those few scam schools which have managed to "sneak in".

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

The few schools that were awarded a .edu domain extension without being accredited by the federal government got them many, many years ago before the .edu extensions were regulated. Since then, they are almost all gone. Nowadays, it's protected and only for Universities and InterNACHI.

www.internachi.EDU

As for your belief that inspectors don't have a need to transfer credits, that's only true up until InterNACHI begins awarding actual college degrees in home inspection. The good news is that the InterNACHI courses you take today and have taken in the past, all count toward that.

Last edited by Lisa Endza; 07-29-2019 at 09:19 AM.
    Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

And let's face it. Those of us who have been doing this long enough know that it really is a "code" inspection.
    A roof that was installed perfectly to code 30 years ago is still going to have issues. Everything in this world, even systems and components installed to code, eventually wear out.

In a related side note: Do you know who the largest provider of ICC-approved courses is? Yep, InterNACHI.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

As for your belief that inspectors don't have a need to transfer credits, that's only true up until InterNACHI begins awarding actual college degrees in home inspection.
    It will still be true at that time.

Home inspectors are not required to have a degree for doing home inspections, and therefore no credits need to be transferred toward anything. If home inspectors want to have, or have, other degrees, it does not need to be transferable to whatever "home inspection degree" someone may conjure up.

A made up degree in home inspections, made up by anyone, is not necessary, nor likely even helpful, to home inspectors. There are some colleges/junior colleges which have/have had/may still have courses for home inspectors to help teach them the basics of home inspections, and by the way, some, if not all, of those colleges/junior colleges had/have .edu extensions as I recall.

That is not a "new thing", been going on for years.

As always, the above is only my opinion, but may not be 'only my opinion' as it is likely the opinion of many others.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

There are some colleges/junior colleges which have/have had/may still have courses for home inspectors to help teach them the basics of home inspections, and by the way, some, if not all, of those colleges/junior colleges had/have .edu extensions as I recall.
    But only InterNACHI's inspection courses are accredited. Holding an inspection class at a university venue doesn't accredit the class. Every one of InterNACHI zillion courses is accredited: https://www.nachi.org/accredited-hom...ion-school.htm

On a side note: We had a member get accepted to the Engineering School at CU. It's a very difficult school to get in. Guess what? They accepted transfer of the InterNACHI courses he completed. Why? Because InterNACHI has been awarded the same accreditation that Harvard and Yale have.

InterNACHI.... taking the inspection industry to an entirely new level.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

But only InterNACHI's inspection courses are accredited.
    And that does not mean diddly squat for a home inspector who is seeking knowledge and does not care about accreditation or .edu domain name extensions.

As you have repeatedly pointed out with your links (much appreciated, thank you) - item 3 points out that not all .edu domain names are 'real', fakes and frauds have snuck in under the guise of actually being something real, when in fact they are not. Again, thank you for pointing that out ... everyone should, by now, be aware that .edu indicates that the place needs scrutiny, it might just be real ... but it might just be out to take a person's money.

On a side note: We had a member get accepted to the Engineering School at CU. It's a very difficult school to get in.
    Gosh, I know some home inspectors who have also been accepted to engineering schools, who have also done their engineering internships, and have become engineers (and still do home inspections). I also know some engineers who were engineers before doing home inspections, then added home inspections to their business offerings.

It is not credits from a .edu which gets someone accepted to engineering schools, it is that individual which allows them to be accepted into engineering.

Enough of your self-promoting the .edu, even though you have made everyone aware than non-legitimate business can get the .edu domain extension - for that we thank you.

But for your self-promoting ... I'm through with it as I feel like I am talking to a brick wall with ,edu painted on it ... there may be some vibrations getting through it, but it is not really being absorbed into the depths of the brick over the ages ... maybe some mortar has become loose and has fallen out and needs re-pointing to make it look good again.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

As you have repeatedly pointed out with your links (much appreciated, thank you) - item 3 points out that not all .edu domain names are 'real', fakes and frauds have snuck in under the guise of actually being something real, when in fact they are not. Again, thank you for pointing that out ... everyone should, by now, be aware that .edu indicates that the place needs scrutiny, it might just be real ... but it might just be out to take a person's money.
    Correct. But since there is only ONE home inspection school that is accredited, ONLY ONE in the entire industry, worldwide.... it's an easy thing to check. There is ONLY ONE home inspection school with a .edu domain extension and it is accredited and its accreditation can be verified.

Sorry for being so repetitive, I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall.

It is not credits from a .edu which gets someone accepted to engineering schools, it is that individual which allows them to be accepted into engineering.
    Correct. As I said, our COURSES that he took were accepted because they were InterNACHI courses.

Here is my un-redacted post that you cut short when you quoted me. Read last sentence slowly. Maybe read it twice?:

On a side note: We had a member get accepted to the Engineering School at CU. It's a very difficult school to get in. Guess what? They accepted transfer of the InterNACHI courses he completed.
    You were an inspector, no? You either missed that (I can't imagine how) or you intentionally redacted it. Which one was it? Sloppiness or sleaziness?

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Tread started in, 11-20-2012. I wonder if the OP, Rick Ramirez, ever got a straight answer from a/the simple question he asked, 'could tell me what they know about this HI school' I would appreciate it, he could live with. ... Hm.

Looks like some great partners are willing to put their brand behind ICA. InterNACHI, ASHI, OREP.

If your still there Rick, BBB File Opened a file on Inspection Certification Associiates 6/27/2012.

Hope that helped, Rick Ramirez.
    Best regards.
    Robert Young (CMI)

Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

You either missed that (I can't imagine how) or you intentionally redacted it. Which one was it? Sloppiness or sleaziness?
    NEITHER - INTENTIONALLY DELETED THE NON-APPLICABLE FOR EASIER READING BY OTHERS.

Just like we all typically do when replying to something - instead of forcing others to read through 'War and Peace' just to get to one or two lines.

Are you saying that you consider others when you are typing what you post?

If not, are you showing your "Sloppiness or sleaziness?"

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

A " .edu" means absolutely nothing. Anyone can create a " .edu ". But for some it is about marketing at any cost to shade a truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    A " .edu" means absolutely nothing. Anyone can create a " .edu ". But for some it is about marketing at any cost to shade a truth.
    Garry,

Are you indicating that we are being given misleading information ... oh my, we're not in Kansas anymore ...

https://youtu.be/uPnfuczOWb8

Added with edit before what's her name could reply about it:

I went to get a .edu domain name to see what it said:

https://www.networksolutions.com/dom...omain-name.jsp

Register a .edu Domain NameRegistration of a .edu domain is limited to accredited degree-granting institutions of higher learning. The registration and administration of .edu domains is managed by EduCause.

To register a .edu domain name, please visit EduCause.
    However, the last part of what you said is not affected by the above statement.

Last edited by Jerry Peck; 07-31-2019 at 08:42 AM. Reason: to add a part with edit before what's her name could reply about it
    Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Nonetheless (all the below having been said), for a home inspector to get education that he/she may be seeking ... a .edu domain name extension is meaningless compared to what the home inspector wants ... education for what they are seeking to learn.

As I have previously stated, and was confirmed by others, the home inspector does not need to be concerned about the place for their education having a .edu domain name extension ... unless they are seeking to transfer credits for some reason, and then they would need to find a place which recognizes that .edu credit source as a worth source of real education and that they will recognize those .edu credits.

At the same time, it has been pointed out via a link, on numerous occasions, that some unworthy .edu extensions have been given, thus, in that sense, unless and until one does their research and verifies the .edu extension source is legitimate ... as Garry said "A " .edu" means absolutely nothing."

Verify the .edu source ... don't like it or think it is shifty and not upstanding ... don't go there, go where one can get the education they want and need ... WITHOUT REGARD for whether or not it has a .edu domain name extension.

And if someplace really hypes up the .edu extension as the only way to tell 'the good' from 'the bad' or 'the ugly' ... think of it as a used car sales place ... can you trust what they are yelling at you, or do you continue down the street to the real source which is not screaming ... .edu ... .edu ... .edu ... at you.

Just my opinion, and choice is yours (whomever is seeking home inspector education).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pks7q2qyM-s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoN5cCs0l2M

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

A roof that was installed perfectly to code 30 years ago is still going to have issues. Everything in this world, even systems and components installed to code, eventually wear out.

In a related side note: Do you know who the largest provider of ICC-approved courses is? Yep, InterNACHI.
    Whatever makes you feel legitimate.... don't really care.

BTW... I've inspected behind some of "your best".... tripping over my jaw dragging on the floor the whole time.

Last edited by Marc M; 08-04-2019 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
    Whatever makes you feel legitimate.... don't really care.

BTW... I've inspected behind some of "your best".... tripping over my jaw dragging on the floor the whole time.
    Morning, Marc. Hope to find you well and in good spirits today. You do realize, this is an old thread. 11-20-2012

Personally, speaking from experience, typically/usually when I listen to someone put down another inspector, an association, their spokes person/s or their member's, its usually because they have nothing of substantial value to add to the conversation.

As well, I did not realize Lisa has inspectors working for her. Hm?
    Lisa, you own an inspection firm or an association? Last I heard you worked at InterNACHI help contribute to the overall conversation and did one heck of a job doing that. Hm?

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    Morning, Marc. Hope to find you well and in good spirits today. You do realize, this is an old thread. 11-20-2012

Personally, speaking from experience, typically/usually when I listen to someone put down another inspector, an association, their spokes person/s or their member's, its usually because they have nothing of substantial value to add to the conversation.

As well, I did not realize Lisa has inspectors working for her. Hm?
    Lisa, you own an inspection firm or an association? Last I heard you worked at InterNACHI help contribute to the overall conversation and did one heck of a job doing that. Hm?
    Going against what I prefer to do - I quoted your entire post (for some reason you sometimes remove your posts after negative comments).

Did you realize that you did what you chided Marc for doing?

Did you realize that this thread has been restarted a few times?

Did you realize that Marc was not the person who restarted It this time?

Did you realize that you offered nothing to the discussion? Kinda like this post of mine ... but I am offering in a positive way in an effort to help reduce the type of posts you made.

Last edited by Jerry Peck; 08-05-2019 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Speelin'
    Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Back looking for that dead horse to beat again.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    Back looking for that dead horse to beat again.
    Appears so.

You guys are awesome.....

Morning, Jerry and respected members. Hope to find everyone well and in good spirits.

Marc, I apologize if my reply appeared to be a berate, castigate, chew out, dress down, flay, harangue, jaw, keelhaul, lambaste (or lambast), lecture, rail (at or against), rate, scold, score, upbraid at you. You are one fine fellow. It is an honor to know you. Truly.
    My position was an overall assessment of individuals, Personally, speaking from experience, typically/usually when I listen to someone put down another inspector, an association, their spokes person/s or their member's, its usually because they have nothing of substantial value to add to the conversation. We are measured by our peers. We are all the same.

I remember putting my foot in my mouth conversing with a recognized level 3 thermographer, as I preformed verbal gymnastics contorting something I could not explain at that moment. I back peddled excusing myself. He turned to me and respectfully explained, Robert, "We are all on the same level." Then I understood. We are all cogs in a wheel. Better to sit back and watch. We are measured by our peers. We are all the same.

Best regards.
    Robert Young

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast