Default question on use of San Tee

Is it possible from the trap, to simply add a San Tee and eliminate the lower section of this install?

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: question on use of San Tee

I am going to guess and say trap is for a sink and the other is a vent? Then no.

Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Skalski View Post
    I am going to guess and say trap is for a sink and the other is a vent? Then no.
    Yes, sink and vent. Is it because it would make that small section below the T-arm a wet vent? This seems pretty basic but for apparently i'm confused.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Marc M; 11-23-2012 at 08:06 AM.

OK, if Richard says no , run the trap arm out to a horizontal Tee for the vent, then drop the drain from both down to the existing drain line, using a couple of 45's? I'm no plumber.

I'd be more concerned about the lack of a vapor barrier on that dirt, but you are in a more earth-friendly environment than me.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Quote Originally Posted by John Kogel View Post
    OK, if Richard says no , run the trap arm out to a horizontal Tee for the vent, then drop the drain from both down to the existing drain line, using a couple of 45's? I'm no plumber.

I'd be more concerned about the lack of a vapor barrier on that dirt, but you are in a more earth-friendly environment than me.
    We have "PC" dirt here.

Looks like a "S" trap and the vent (assuming it is a vent) needs to be moved. Install a sanitary T-fitting on the vertical pipe to vent up and to connect to the trap, if 2" drain pipe you will need 4" (two pipe dia.) minimum distance between trap and vertical, problem gone.

Not sure about your drop or what you are draining, but WI maxes at 15" for most fixtures (36" for floor drains), measured from top of drain to center of trap outlet. So, you might have to move the trap up case pending on your area or situation.

- essentially an S trap configuration from the trap
    - a regular sanitary Tee isn't supposed to be installed on its' back; I don't know about the long sweep though
    - Configuration would be pretty easy to change out and eliminate both issues

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated.