Default infrared camera for sale

My infrared camera is one of these ( Infrared Solutions - is an industry leader in high quality, cost effective infrared imaging technology. ), except in gray scale on the camera, with color palettes available on your computer in their program.

In addition to the infrared camera, I have the base of a removable tripod mounted to the top of my camera on which is mounted a removable digital video camera with digital photo on a memory stick (digital video or stills can be recorded on either the tape or the memory stick.

I also have extra batteries, sun shield for greater visibility in bright sunlight, support straps (around the neck, and, someplace, if I can find it, a shoulder/back strap), laser pointer which mounts on the camera.

Original software and manuals are included.

I originally paid $11,000 base price, plus all the other goodies, or about $13,500 for the camera and the goodies for it. Plus another $1,500 for the digital video/digital still camera. Just under $15,000 total.

I sent off for a quote on their newer color one (just for a comparison - because I'm curious).

Being as I rarely ever use it anymore (I have to try to find reasons to use it, such as using it as a stud finder in my house ), I've decided to sell it.

I'm looking for $4,500 for the infrared camera / $5,000 including the digital video camera (I never use it anymore either).

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance
    Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Default Re: infrared camera for sale

Jerry,

Could you provide the model numer of the IR and make and model of the video

badair http://www.adairinspection.com Garland, TX 75042
    Commercial-Residential-Construction-EIFS-Stucco-ACMV-Infrared Thermography
    life is the random lottery of events followed by numerous narrow escapes...accept the good

When I bought it, it was just the Insight T, then they came out with a lower resolution model (to reduce the cost) and the model comparable to mine was the Insight T Plus (I found this out when I called Infrared Solutions to ask about something, forgot what it was that I was inquiring about), now, they are the Insight XST, which means extra sensitive, I'm assuming it has the higher resolution similar to mine, but I'm not sure.

They have two models, the basic model and the one which gives the temperature, i.e., when I bought mine, the Insight and the Insight T, now the Insight XS and Insight XST (with the temperature reading).

The digital video is the Sony Handycam Mega Pixel, Super Steady Shot DCR-PC109 NTSC, 120x digital zoom with the Carl Zeiss lens. I have the standard battery 5.6 Wh pack and the extended life 11.2 Wh battery pack.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Jerry Peck; 09-23-2007 at 08:25 PM.
    Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I'll take some photos of it tomorrow and post them.

Fritz: "Does it come with training and unlimited tech support?" - for another $2,000 I can throw in the training (ITC or Snell - but you can get Level 1 training for about $1,500 ).

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Here are some photos of it.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Jerry Peck; 09-24-2007 at 07:21 AM.
    Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Chad Fabry Guest

Googling "images pecks hand" yields these results:

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

You have WAY too much time on you hands, Chad!

Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections

David Banks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Erby Crofutt View Post
    Yea but I like his thought process!

Quote Originally Posted by Erby Crofutt View Post
    I know.

He took the first photo as I was walking back from our house in the jungle, er, forest, er, woods, er, from out back - yeah, from 'out back'. I at least had time to use some hair clippers before I took my photo.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I received an e-mail from my sales contact at the factory giving me current pricing for the new color units and new gray scale units (like mine, but which are being phased out and replaced with the color units), I will adjust my price downward to reflect that current new pricing as I had the price somewhat too high.

I'll think about it more this weekend.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

The new ones like mine except with the color palette screen are now $6,500.

The new ones like mine with the gray scale screen are now $4,500 (and are no longer being made, these are on close-out).

So, regardless of what I paid for mine, it's value is based off the new ones like it - they are $4,500 base price plus extra $$ for the other goodies ... I'll sell mine for $3,500 with all the extra goodies I bought with mine. I'll include the digital video/still camera I bought to use with it for $4,000 ($1,000 less than I originally had it).

If anyone is interested in the IR camera only, or in both, let me know.

Thanks.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

william siegel Guest

Jerry,

You have mail.

Bill

This is why I wish we would close old threads.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA