JIMMY JOHN Guest

Default Inspection after pouring slab

hi ,
    I am building a new home and I did not realize that we had to do a pre pour inspection. Currently the pour is over and the builder has started the framing. At this point what sort of foundation inspection would be recommended? I do not see any visible cracks on the foundation but just wanted to get a second opinion.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Jimmy

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Inspection after pouring slab

Too late to do any sort of relevant inspection at this point.
    Hopefully there was a municipal inspection or your builder was using a third party engineer/ inspection.
    Are you within a municipality that requires building permits and inspections?

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

If you took pictures that could satisfy the inspector. It will be up to them.
    You should check with them and let them know what happened prior to moving on any further.

Ken Amelin
    Cape Cod's Best Inspection Services
    www.midcapehomeinspection.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JIMMY JOHN View Post
    hi ,
    I am building a new home and I did not realize that we had to do a pre pour inspection. Currently the pour is over and the builder has started the framing. At this point what sort of foundation inspection would be recommended? I do not see any visible cracks on the foundation but just wanted to get a second opinion.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Jimmy
    Other than the next step from a home inspector to do a pre-drywall inspection the foundation for the moment is not in question. Other than cobalt xray (kidding but that is something real but out of reality in pricing) . At the pre drywall inspection or for that matter an inspection that comes after that, pre closing inspection, some items may come to light with the foundation. By the way, you should have both those inspections.

Jimmy John as in the sub shop around the corner from me?

You need to stop all work and call the local county or city to see what if any requirements they have.

Next and depending on the type of loan you will have (FHA or VA or other endorsed type loan) you need to contact the loan folks and get them to get with their underwriter to see what type of inspections they are going to require. If it is a government endorsed loan like an FHA or VA you will be required to have inspections done during the construction process.

This is a good example of an inexperienced builder who does not have a clue as to the proper building process.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    Too late to do any sort of relevant inspection at this point.
    Hopefully there was a municipal inspection or your builder was using a third party engineer/ inspection.
    Are you within a municipality that requires building permits and inspections?
    Would the AHJ also check the sideyards & setback distances at the formwork stage?