Edward Genest Guest

Default Lurking Inspector

I continue to get messages that I have never posted. So here goes.
    I was an active inspector for a short time. I was a member of CREIA and proud of it.It was a time when I was considering retirement and thought that I would like to have a job/business that would keep me busy in my retirement.
    I did enough inspections to pay for my training and expenses. I came to realize that Home Inspections require way more than I anticipated. So I went ahead and slipped into full retirement. I continue to have an interest in the Home Inspection field.
    Oh! one last thing that helped to seal my fate as an inspector, I have claustrophobia and I was living in Oceanside, Ca. where I was receiving many calls for inspections with crawl spaces.
    Ed Genest
    ABE'S HOME INSPECTIONS(RETIRED)

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Edward Genest; 12-10-2012 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Miss Spelling
    Member Benefits1

Don Burbach Guest

Default Re: Lurking Inspector

Enjoy your retirement. Home Inspecting is tough business and more involved than many people think. To do it right and stay out of trouble isn't any cake-walk. I enjoy what I do, which helps a lot.

When people ask about getting into being a home inspector, I have a mental list of about probing questions. If they don't start to waiver by question 10, they may make it!

Edward,
    Enjoy retirement but if you have a passion for this business stay involved, visit the NCTV CREIA chapter and stay connected. I would be happy to do some crawl spaces! Better than these slab on grade houses out in Murrieta area.

James McKinley, Certified CREIA Inspector
    Professional Property Inspections
    www.proinspectsocal.com

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Genest View Post
    Oh! one last thing that helped to seal my fate as an inspector, I have claustrophobia
    That is not uncommon with inspectors. This is something I experience from time to time and when it occurs it can be pretty overwhelming.

Eric Barker, ACI
    Lake Barrington, IL