Thread: Double Doors

Default Double Doors

This picture was not taken during an inspection but rather I was with someone visiting a friend when I noticed this "unusual" set of doors. I couldn't help but take a snap shot with my phone through the windshield of the truck. I was unable to ask the owner what was going on with those two doors. Apparently they do lead into the same room because at one point he exited out of one door and re-entered through the other and I saw the same room. I couldn't help but chuckle and wonder what what going on when they installed them. There is something blocking the view of the camera at the bottom left of the door on the right in the photo (couple of feet away) and not damage to the door.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Double Doors

My Wag is side bank of windows needed replaced and a prehung door was a budget choice.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Superstitious - can not use the same door twice in a row. or Or can not enter through the door you exited from.

Did you see Howard Huges or a descendant any where around there?

See the concrete in the foreground. They wanted to have access to A (past) fenced area without having to close off access to front entry. Maybe home business? Daycare.

An elderly man lives there at the residence. There is no home business that I am aware of. Since he rides a motorized scooter at times I thought that perhaps the larger was installed for handicapped access and perhaps they never got around to building the ramp. There are at least four external doors on this small 1000sq ft or so house.

Is it me, or does it look like there is a doorbell for each door?

I would say two family house or mother/daughter because of the two doorbells, but as you said it goes into the same room (and I can't for the life of me figure our how you would even make that two seperate entrances if you even wanted to)

-dave

Wanted to change location of door and never got around to walling off old one. Does one say In and one Out? I often see things that just make me scratch my head, you just don't know what people were thinking but it makes job interesting. It's also fun to guess what they were thinking. Let's see how many different suggestions we can get.

Tom Rees / A Closer Look Home Inspection / Salt Lake City, Utah
    http://acloserlookslc.com/

The original door was 90 degrees from a flight of steps, or faced a closet and the other door was added so you could go straight in???

Single story and the doors went into the living room. The Kitchen had a door and a bedroom had a door that I saw.

Feng shui , original door bad new door good.

I like that one Garry.

Tom Rees / A Closer Look Home Inspection / Salt Lake City, Utah
    http://acloserlookslc.com/

Looks like under construction to me. Some doors due to location will not allow access for furniture to be easily brought into the home. My guess he is in the process of solving the problem at the wife's request. My home needs a new door location due to this problem as well.