Default Home Inspector Pro for iPad is now available

Dominic and his team have just released the iPad and iPhone app for Home Inspector Pro. I have my template on it and so far I like how it works. It will speed up my report writing time since I will be able to input most if not all of the data at the inspection. Then with Elfin magic it is sent through the Cloud to my desktop computer where I can put the sparkle and magic to it!

It is tied to the HIP Cloud network and you will need to have the most current version of HIP on your computer for it to work. HIP gives you 90 days of free Cloud service then it is $20 a month after that. Pretty darn cheap when you think about the time it will save you.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Default Re: Home Inspector Pro for iPad is now available

Scott,

Some of the cloud-based programs will remove the report from the iPhone/iPad and save it in the cloud. Others will make a copy. I have a huge problem with programs that remove because if it gets lost, it's gone and there is no real time savings. Do you happen to know how Dominic does it?

G

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    Scott,

Some of the cloud-based programs will remove the report from the iPhone/iPad and save it in the cloud. Others will make a copy. I have a huge problem with programs that remove because if it gets lost, it's gone and there is no real time savings. Do you happen to know how Dominic does it?

G
    From what I can tell it looks like it remains on the device. My test report is still on my iPad and all I had to do was just select the report and hit Open and the file opened up. I did this offline so it must retain it.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Scott,

Thanks. I'll have to check into this.

. ! ! Thanks for the great post Scott!!

Gunnar, Scott is correct. The inspection remains on the device and the cloud until you delete them.

Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software & Home Inspection Website Hosting
    Runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad. Import HomeGauge, 3D & InspectVue Narratives!

Nice feature Dominic. I have heard of a competing program that deletes it from the device and some people have lost their inspections as a result. Not for me.

I could see why that happened but they need to fix that obviously. Apple is strict about what data can remain on the device after the program closes out and which can remain after. They actually rejected out app originally as it retained data after it exited. I had to make some changes and fight them on some other things to get them to approve it with the data remaining.

Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software & Home Inspection Website Hosting
    Runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad. Import HomeGauge, 3D & InspectVue Narratives!

I had a tablet w/ my report software on it but stopped using it after two or three inspections because i couldn't see it when I was outside. I now have a 17" laptop that I take to the inspection & do the report at the house. Your right about saving time and I like that I'm at the house when I;m doing the inspection so I can go back and see which bathroom had the loose toilet etc..