Kevn Horton Guest

Default Hello everyone and MERRY CHRISTMAS (newbe)

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas (2012)
    I am new to this board so sorry if I F it up
    I have been reading all the post here dated back to 2007 or so and there is a lot of talk about Mueller sounds like they pay like crap..
    I am here in So. Calif and they have advertisments running of which I have applyed to and then never heard back from them. ( maybe a good thing )
    MY Background : I have been doing Mortgage Field service work for a few years and than last year went to full time as a contractor doing Homeowners Insurance inspections for one company, where I take photos ( front, right, left. &, back if homewoner is home and an address number) then do a 5-10min online form with sqft drawing, & down load the photos, for which I get 20.00 to 65.00 depending on the destance I have to drive, I do 120 to 170 a month, I work in the fireld
    2-3days (8-10Hrs, ea.) doing 40-50 jbs per day and then on the computer 2 days ( 6-7 hrs, ea) I also do a few Commercial inspections a week that pay 50.00 -125.00 but take more time, however if I plan right I can slip them into my reg day.
    I am looking for more work maybe one day a week 40-50 more jobs
    does anyone know were I can go to find other compines that do work in my area ( Bakersfield, Lancaster, Barstow, etc.)
    thanks for your help
    Kevn

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Kevn Horton Guest

Default Re: Hello everyone and MERRY CHRISTMAS

WOW!
    great form ....I possted 3-4 days ago and have yet to get any responce not even a hello welcome to the form or Merry Christmas......did I post in the wrong spot or ask the wrong question? sorry if it was something I said

Gary Fuller Guest

Default Re: Hello everyone and MERRY CHRISTMAS (newbe)

Hi Kevin,

I do insurance work as well, very similar to what you described. However, they do not pay anything close to what you are posting. I am a retired home inspector ( 20 years in the biz., sold my biz. in '06), And to help stay busy I took this part time job. I work about one full day a week. Its fun, but you will never get rich! Who do you work for? I am working for OSI.

thanks,

Gary Fuller

Kevn Horton Guest

then I guess im lucky I have a large area to cover and drive 250-325 miles each time I go out so gas is a cncideration but I have a car that gets 40 mile to the gal so it helps.

Keven,
    Merry Christmas.

Like many others I seldom respond to new member comments. Nothing personal.

Sorry that you had your feelings hurt. Your posting came across like your were looking for a job. Guess that no one had a lead for you and therefore did not respond. Maybe the activity at this time of the year had something to do with it, just busy.

Anyhow WELCOME

Kevn,
    I'm like Garry, I usually don't respond to new members when it looks like they are looking for work or specific information I can't help with.

Sorry if you got your feeling hurt.
    Welcome to the forum, and look forward to your participating in the threads.
    JF

Keven..... Welcome!

I too read read your post and thought you were looking for work.. You need to understand that 99.5% of the folks on this discussion board do not do Field work like you are taking about. So this is probably why you did not get any responses.

I(and many more on this board too) also drive a couple of hundred miles a day for some jobs but then I'm also making a tad bit more money than insurance field work pays.

Post a technical question and you are most likely going to get more answers and opinions than you will really want.

Hope you had a blessed Christmas and that the New Year will be full of work and personal enrichment.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Default Re: Hello everyone and MERRY CHRISTMAS

Quote Originally Posted by Kevn Horton View Post
    WOW!
    great form ....I possted 3-4 days ago and have yet to get any responce not even a hello welcome to the form or Merry Christmas......did I post in the wrong spot or ask the wrong question? sorry if it was something I said
    You posted nearly the identical on "the Mueller" thread, and generated a response in less than 2 hours, a second response was posted later the next day (22nd), and YOU have failed to reply to EITHER ONE of THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevn Horton
    Hello everyone and Merry Christmas (2012)
    I am new to this board so sorry if I F it up

I have been reading all the post here dated back to 2007 or so and there is a lot of talk about Mueller sounds like they pay like crap..

I am here in So. Calif and they have advertisments running of which I have applyed to and then never heard back from them. ( maybe a good thing )

MY Background : I have been doing Mortgage Field service work for a few years and than last year went to full time as a contractor doing Homeowners Insurance inspections for one company, where I take photos ( front, right, left. &, back if homewoner is home and an address number) then do a 5-10min online form with sqft drawing, & down load the photos, for which I get 20.00 to 65.00 depending on the destance I have to drive, I do 120 to 170 a month, I work in the fireld
    2-3days (8-10Hrs, ea.) doing 40-50 jbs per day and then on the computer 2 days ( 6-7 hrs, ea) I also do a few Commercial inspections a week that pay 50.00 -125.00 but take more time, however if I plan right I can slip them into my reg day.

I am looking for more work maybe one day a week 40-50 more jobs
    does anyone know were I can go to find other compines that do work in my area ( Bakersfield, Lancaster, Barstow, etc.)

thanks for your help
    Kevn
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevn Horton
    then I guess im lucky I have a large area to cover and drive 250-325 miles each time I go out so gas is a cncideration but I have a car that gets 40 mile to the gal so it helps.
    Not generally motivated to respond to posters who use abbreviated foul or lewd language in their opening remarks.

Your spelling/language and non-standard abbreviations, in all your posts on this forum, run-on sentances/paragraphs, etc. not surprising potential employers aren't responding to your inquires either (your complaints on 'the Mueller' discussion thread).

In this day-and-age market, and jobber-type work, why would anyone in your "market area" share their leads on other jobbers? Most jobbers like Mueller - have non-compete requirements for other than contract work.

There has been minimal activity on the forum as a whole during the holiday weekend and through the holiday. Not many here have much in common with you, and fewer still would be responding to your specific request.

Two parties engaged in similar activities as your own replied (in less than 24 hours) to your first post (on 'the Mueller' thread), one asked you a specific question, and you've ignored them both.

Your math doesn't add up. This was pointed out to you on "the" other thread. Your unbelievble numbers are nonsense; your request somewhat ridiculous (no jobber is going to have you perform compensated driving and field work in excess of 15 hrs. per day in California or anywhere!), your complaints and sarcasm notwithstanding.

"WOW!" as you have said. I find THAT interesting.

Last edited by H.G. Watson, Sr.; 12-26-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fuller View Post
    Hi Kevin,

I do insurance work as well, very similar to what you described. However, they do not pay anything close to what you are posting. I am a retired home inspector ( 20 years in the biz., sold my biz. in '06), And to help stay busy I took this part time job. I work about one full day a week. Its fun, but you will never get rich! Who do you work for? I am working for OSI.

thanks,

Gary Fuller
    Gary, are you the retired ASHI guy that did the insurance inspection on my home a couple weeks ago?

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Gary Fuller Guest

Hi Dan,

No it was not me that did your H. I. I sold my business in 2006. I worked out of Spokane Washington. Are you from Washington?

Gary Fuller

Hi Dan,

No it was not me that did your H. I. I sold my business in 2006. I worked out of Spokane Washington. Are you from Washington?

Gary Fuller
    No I've been in AZ for 35 yrs.
    A couple weeks ago a retired ASHI guy that also sold his business in another state did an insurance inspection for Hartford on my home.
    I told him about this site, thought maybe it was you.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Gary Fuller Guest

Hi Dan,
    YES it was me! Thanks for the tip on this site.

How was your Christmas? How's things going in the inspect biz?

Gary

Hi Dan,
    YES it was me! Thanks for the tip on this site.

How was your Christmas? How's things going in the inspect biz?

Gary
    Christmas was good, went to Tuscon Christmas eve, then to LA /Calif. Christmas day. Back to the real world yesterday.
    Dec was great for business, until this week. Time for the phone to start ringing again.

www.inspectaz.com