Default Referrals to other inspectors

If you are not available to do an inspection, do you refer them to another inspector that you know? and if so, does the inspector pay you a referral fee? and if so, how much? Do you have a referral agreement with other inspectors? I am wondering how other inspectors handle off-loading business thay they themselves cannot get to.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Referrals to other inspectors

I never ask for a referral fee.

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene South View Post
    If you are not available to do an inspection, do you refer them to another inspector that you know? and if so, does the inspector pay you a referral fee? and if so, how much? Do you have a referral agreement with other inspectors? I am wondering how other inspectors handle off-loading business thay they themselves cannot get to.
    I return the favor by referring the inspectors that refer me. That pays a lot more than a referral fee.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

I would never expect a referral fee. In our chapter we refer back and fourth to each other. Like this week, I have been at InspectionWorld and I have referred about 6 callers to friends of mine. They will do the same throughout the year.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Nolan Kienitz Guest

I refer to close inspector friends of mine who I know will do the same detailed inspection I do AND take very good care of the customer.

No, I've never asked for nor expected a referral for such.

It's a two-way street in most cases.

I refer and get referrals several times a year. I don't pay, nor expect payment.
    Having good relationships with guys in my chapter make it easy to refer.

On another note, having good relationships on the national level make it easy to give referrals to inspectors in other cities. Many times I'm asked by the sellers if I know an inspector in another city.

Smile Re: Referrals to other inspectors

I refer a fellow ASHI inspector in my area. We both use PalmTech reporting system and I've "shadowed" him on an inspection and he's been on one of mine. Once we were sure of each other we started referring. I only have one Radon machine and when I need a second one I can either borrow his or he will place it for the fee.
    Good arrangement we are both comfortable with.

If a man empties his purse into his head no one can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Gene South View Post
    If you are not available to do an inspection, do you refer them to another inspector that you know?
    Yes. Whether it is in my own area or another part of the country there's usually someone I know and trust to handle the job. And like Rick, I keep my selections to those I know in ASHI.

Eric Barker, ACI
    Lake Barrington, IL