Default Parallel Parking 101

I'm thinking this agent must have missed the day they covered getting within 6" of the curb. It must be a free feeling going through life completely unaware of others around you.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Parallel Parking 101

I'm wondering what MY wife was doing in Oregon!

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

I am always early and always try to leave a spot for the clients that won't block my speedy exit when we're done. So invariably the realtor will take that best spot and the clients have to find parking out on the street. It's a chuckle.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

I'll park in the street to keep from getting blocked in the driveway. When I'm done, I'm done and there's no hanging around after wrapping things up and verbal summaries.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

I was at Costco today and was noticing how proficient people can be at blocking a 10 foot wide aisle with a shopping cart and to do so without any apparent realization that there just might possibly be other shoppers within a 1,500 foot radius.

In case anyone didn't know it, the post office is not required to deliver to a mailbox that is blocked by a parked car. I've seen mail carriers pass up a box in which the agent or client's car was parked in front of the seller's mailbox. Of course as the P.O. whittles down the number of their delivery days this will become less of an issue.

Eric Barker, ACI
    Lake Barrington, IL

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John Kogel View Post
    I am always early and always try to leave a spot for the clients that won't block my speedy exit when we're done. So invariably the realtor will take that best spot and the clients have to find parking out on the street. It's a chuckle.
    Could always ask the agents to not come till the end.

Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    Could always ask the agents to not come till the end.

Just sayin
    If they come late, they park the Beemer across the driveway so nobody can get away.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Once, I had the pleasure of alerting an agent that had parked similarly that she was getting a ticket. (I saw the officer as I was checking windows) Unfortunately, I didn't have time to witness her attempt to talk her way out of the ticket, but I did get an earful about it after she came back in. "What was the problem? Cars could get by me." Well, in truth, Mini Coopers could have gotten by her.

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kogel View Post
    If they come late, they park the Beemer across the driveway so nobody can get away.
    In my early days I parked in the driveway.
    ...well it wasn't a beemer, but the agent blocked the driveway, and ...I was in a hurry leaving and started backing out before looking, but stopped as soon as I felt a BUMP.
    I dont park in driveways anymore, and she doesn't block driveways anymore.
    Hey! 2 lessons in one incident.

When I was selling my own house, the buyer's agent parked in the driveway so the buyer had to park on the road. Didn't even get inside before a kid rear ended his parked car.

He bought the house anyway. Hope the agent bought him a nice house warming gift!