Brian G Hannigan Guest

Default Trouble Uploading Photos

Is anyone having trouble inserting photos into their posts?

If so, please describe so I can try and see if there is a issue or setting to be worked.

Thanks,

Brian

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Trouble Uploading Photos

Well, I see that the max size is 800x600. oddly, a photo in portrait view (600x800) will not upload.

END GLOBAL WHINING

Benni has the key. SIZING... You should be getting a window saying that the size is to large to up load and Max Size ----... Resize to smaller... Ran into same problem...have fun

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Paul Hannigan View Post
    Is anyone having trouble inserting photos into their posts?

If so, please describe so I can try and see if there is a issue or setting to be worked.

Thanks,

Brian
    Since you're rather vague as to what difficulties you may be encountering, it is difficult to say what "might" be your "trouble" or conflict.

I suggest you start by reviewing in the "FAQ" the subjects which pertain to reading, posting, specifically "attachments". Attaching or inserting a link or an attachment requires permissions allowing a new window to open (i.e. pop-up window) and the activeX, java scripting controls be allowed.

see: Reading and Posting Messages

If you're having trouble with forum functionality, it is best to post your question in the "help" topic area. The administrator/owner/operator of the site monitors topic discussion in that area and is very responsive.

It may be an authorities or permissions feature for new members, since the forum was recently 'upgraded' the owner may have envoked some authentication feature or number of posts before granted certain permissions (such as web linking, image posting, etc.) to avoid some of the fly-by joiners/spammers, or the newer upgraded version may have these permissions set at at a more cautious level as a default and they may not have been altered.

HTH.

P.S. If you're still having trouble, you might try sending the Administrator a message via the "contact us" web form (you'll need to be logged in before you access the following link) which you can access via this link here: Contact Us - InspectionNews - Home Inspection

Last edited by H.G. Watson, Sr.; 03-06-2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: added Post Script (link to the 'contact us' web form site e-mail to administrator/site owner

HG, take your meds. That was Brian's post.

I noticed my recent pics had to be reduced slightly in size, where in the past, you could exceed the limit slightly and they went thru.

Brian, thanks for all you've accomplished so far.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca