Default What is this on top of the furnace?

This is sitting top top of an electric forced air furnace in a manufactured home (return air side). I can make out "airmaster" but none of the other writing on the unit (overspray from painting?). Wasted 20 minutes trying to clean, photo (with and without mirrors), standing on my head and much cussing. There appeared to be a power cable, although I could not see either end. There are 2 ducts (one visible in photo and another behind) that head upwards. (All the heating ducts and registers are underneath floor.) No condensate lines. Translucent orange panels on all those openings except one, as seen, which was open. Seems like it would be restricting the return air flow. Do I sound stumped? Probably simple, but I have no idea what this is. Every day something new.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: What is this on top of the furnace?

Can't be sure but looks like fresh air intake. Most mfg homes have some sort of fresh air but usually it is just a duct to the exterior.

The beatings will continue until morale has improved. mgt.

Maybe an old UV light system that has been canabalized.....

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

IAQ: Indoor air quality unit
    Simultaneously introduces fresh air from outside while expelling stale air from inside without compromising energy efficiency or comfort. Controls excess moisture while maintaining good indoor air quality. Some of the units offer HEPA filtration. Others, aka heat recovery ventilators, warm the outside air via a heat exchanger in the unit before introducing it to the air handler. An evolving technology with the ever increasing need to control our indoor climates in tighter residential and commercial habitable enviornments.

Hard to tell but might be something like this Venmar Fanless HRV.

http://www.master.ca/documents/VFAE1...t_VanEE_EN.pdf