Default Seller says inspector not ethical

found Kitec-Ipex on rediant heat 14 yrs house. I told the client heating systen working fine & mentioned there is a law-suit regarding this pipe, which he may want to look into it. He finally dropped ball. The realtor forwarded me the seller email saying not ethical.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Peter Louis; 03-15-2013 at 11:05 PM.
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Seller says inspector not ethical

Peter what is not ethical? That you told the client there could be problem due to law suit info and the client does not like what you reported?

Fail to see how that is unethical on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Peter what is not ethical? That you told the client there could be problem due to law suit info and the client does not like what you reported?

Fail to see how that is unethical on your part.
    The house was maintained very well. The heating system is working fine. This is what I told my client but I mentioned Kitec pipe which has a law-suit & they may want to consult a contractor. After the client made some calls. He decided to keep their mind peaceful other than worry 20 years, which the pipe could be ok or blast anytime. The owner started blame me even though we did not have any contact.

literally unethicl in my language is very bad. I thought the same thing in ENG.

Ignore it. Every once in a while a seller will call the buyer's inspector unethical or something worse. Then they'll call you when they need their new home inspected.

I just did an inspection for a client today where I inspected the house they were selling two weeks ago. I found about $10,000 worth of foundation repairs were necessary on the house they were selling, after they had their house "pre-inspected" by another inspector.

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

Did an inspection on a home for a buyer who is a repeat customer. When I got there the seller was there. The first words out of the seller's mouth was that I better not find anthing wrong because that would piss him off. Well guess who pissed the seller off. Remember your job is to protect your client. If I had a nickle every time I pissed somebody off i'd be rich.

Jeffrey L. Mathis Guest

Welcome to the machine.
    Wait til you get a seller that follows you literally step for step and wants to know what your writing every time you note something. Now that's a treat.
    JLMathis

Peter, didn't you get the memo?

The new "ethical" requires doing whatever is necessary to get the sale.

Get with the program buddy, truth and disclosure have been round filed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry DiGiovanni View Post
    Did an inspection on a home for a buyer who is a repeat customer. When I got there the seller was there. The first words out of the seller's mouth was that I better not find anthing wrong because that would piss him off. Well guess who pissed the seller off. Remember your job is to protect your client. If I had a nickle every time I pissed somebody off i'd be rich.
    Had that happen several times. Standard reply is "Then you don't want to see this. I'm going to find things. I can make a honey-do list that will bring tears to your eyes. I may find 50 items I present to the buyer. The buyer may only want you to address 7 +/- of the 50 and yes the other 43 will defineatly make you mad. Maybe you should go somewhere and save on the blood pressure"

That and I tell them its a confidential report and I can't share it with them either on site or in writing.

If a man empties his purse into his head no one can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey L. Mathis View Post
    Welcome to the machine.
    Wait til you get a seller that follows you literally step for step and wants to know what your writing every time you note something. Now that's a treat.
    JLMathis
    I tell them it is a violation of state law for me to discuss the inspection with them, I can only talk with my client about any of the findings. Of course there are exceptions but I conveniently leave that part out.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Rowe View Post
    Ignore it. Every once in a while a seller will call the buyer's inspector unethical or something worse. Then they'll call you when they need their new home inspected.

I just did an inspection for a client today where I inspected the house they were selling two weeks ago. I found about $10,000 worth of foundation repairs were necessary on the house they were selling, after they had their house "pre-inspected" by another inspector.
    A few years ago I inspected a house that had an unusual ridge line when viewed from the yard. Up in the attic I found 3 broken trusses in a row in the area of question. The trusses were designed with center vertical webs. One was cracked through, the next one had a separation of a couple of inches in the vertical web, and the third had a separation of about 6 inches at the break. The REA called the seller and asked about the trusses. He said he didn't know anything about them and it wasn't reported by the inspector who did a pre-listing inspection for him. I didn't have to look hard for them or crawl through insulation. I assume the pre-listing inspector just peeked through the scuttle and said, "Yep. There's an attic here and insulation - CHECK".

The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA