Question From Retired City Code Inspector to Inspector with Housemaster.

Hello, My name is Dan, Looking forward to moving from Retired City Code Officer to houseMaster inspector. What do you all think. Its is a breath of fresh air from dealing with Owners and tenants to excited new home buyers. I'm hearing that Realtors and agents might not what to hire me because of my past job. Give me some feedback if you could. What a great service you provide. Looking forward to the interaction. Dan

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: From Retired City Code Inspector to Inspector with Housemaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel DeCamp View Post
    Hello, My name is Dan, Looking forward to moving from Retired City Code Officer to houseMaster inspector. What do you all think. Its is a breath of fresh air from dealing with Owners and tenants to excited new home buyers. I'm hearing that Realtors and agents might not what to hire me because of my past job. Give me some feedback if you could. What a great service you provide. Looking forward to the interaction. Dan
    1st thing to remember is, the realtors don't hire you.
    2nd if a realtor doesn't want to refer you because of you last job, you don't want to work with that realtor.
    One big difference between your prior job and your new business, now all you can do is identify the defect and recommend it should be corrected.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Now instead of pissing off owners and tenant you get to piss off the owner, the buyer and two real estate agents.

And remember, code is just the tip of the iceberg. Brush up on you knowledge on Consumer Products Safety Commission findings, class action lawsuit rulings, and manufacturer's installation guidelines for every building product ever made. Just because something met code when it was installed doesn't mean it's safe (aluminum branch wiring, PB water pipes, Stab Loc panels, unbonded CSST etc).

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

Good evening Dan

Welcome to the wonderful world of home inspections where inspectors are a dime a dozen thanks to all the home inspector schools and over inflated promises of a lucrative, rewarding career.

Try not to solicit the Realtors. Might be a difficult task as a franchisee.

Anyway, good luck and don't get discouraged.

We are all here to help.

Dan welcome aboard,remember we do not do code inspections,hope you are not inspecting homes you passed when you worked for the city,just might be surprised at what you passed back then ,compared to what you see now.
    Good luck.

Hi Dan,

Welcome it InspectionNews!

I hope you find everything you're looking for.

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews