jeanne elliott Guest

Default New member and need help!

I currently have MAYFAIR Classic sliding door. The sliders are bad and Mayfair no longer makes the rollers. I came across an article on internet that tells what could be done for a makeshift solution. www.allaboutdoors.com/product_info.php?products_id=13997 Is there anyone out here that knows if there is a correct part...not using a screw. also part 13997 is the discontinued part and the makeshift solutions calls for part #13103. I've searched and cannot find 13103. Lowes/Home Depot dont carry and I'm beginning to feel like the makeshift is going to be expensive IF it fails. 1. has anyone tried this solution. 2. if you haven't tried...what do you think about putting a screw into a roller assembly that might not hold the weight of the door. The 2nd part of my question is...can I leave 1/2 of the stationary part of the door in place and replace the other sliding side with a french door or does anyone make a replacement half of the door. Seems awfully expensive to replace it all when just the rollers are bad.Thanks, Jeanne Any other solutions are gratefully accepted! Thx again.ww.allaboutdoors.com/product_info.php?products_id=13997