Default Wood Floor Inspection, Pensacola, FL 32507

We have an immediate need for an inspector to inspect a wood floor in Pensacola, FL 32507.

The complaint is for buckling. You are required to have a moisture meter (non-invasive will work, having a pin meter in addition will be a plus). Temperature and humidity readings required along with pictures.

This inspection will pay $125.00. Payment will be made within 10 days of completion of the inspection

You are responsible for setting the appointment. The inspection report must be submitted on our website within 48 hours of the inspection.

Inspect Solutions, Inc. has been contracted to provide national inspection services for major retailers and manufacturers.

Our clients are major retailers or manufacturers that just want to know what is wrong so the problem can be taken care of. They also need our opinion so the proper party can be charged back. For example, if it is a major box store inspection and it is an installation related issue, our reports are used for the reason of the chargeback to the installer.

We have our own secure-web based program that you will upload the photos. You will also complete the report online. Our web-based program is extremely easy.

Contact Ron Gould via email at rgould@inspectsolutions.com or (888) 854-0946.

Inspect Solutions

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Wood Floor Inspection, Pensacola, FL 32507

I'll be glad to do the inspection if you would include round trip air from connecticut, hotel and meals.

I'm about a hundred or so miles closer!

Hey Ron,

did you ever get my application?

badair http://www.adairinspection.com Garland, TX 75042
    Commercial-Residential-Construction-EIFS-Stucco-ACMV-Infrared Thermography
    life is the random lottery of events followed by numerous narrow escapes...accept the good

I think that guy is pulling our leg?

Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

I have done work for this company. They pay fast and I bet you will spend less than ten minutes on site and another ten minutes filling out the online form. If you are in the area and have the tools, it is good fill-in work. They are a third party that inspects work done by the Big Box stores when they can't resolve it at the store level.

As for the fees, if you are experienced and they don't have to walk you through everything they will pay more.

This is not for everyone, but if times are hard and phone is not ringing they are not too bad.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Gould View Post
    We have an immediate need for an inspector to inspect a wood floor in Pensacola, FL 32507.

The complaint is for buckling. You are required to have a moisture meter (non-invasive will work, having a pin meter in addition will be a plus). Temperature and humidity readings required along with pictures.

This inspection will pay $125.00. Payment will be made within 10 days of completion of the inspection

You are responsible for setting the appointment. The inspection report must be submitted on our website within 48 hours of the inspection.

Inspect Solutions, Inc. has been contracted to provide national inspection services for major retailers and manufacturers.

Our clients are major retailers or manufacturers that just want to know what is wrong so the problem can be taken care of. They also need our opinion so the proper party can be charged back. For example, if it is a major box store inspection and it is an installation related issue, our reports are used for the reason of the chargeback to the installer.

We have our own secure-web based program that you will upload the photos. You will also complete the report online. Our web-based program is extremely easy.

Contact Ron Gould via email at rgould@inspectsolutions.com or (888) 854-0946.

Inspect Solutions
    Is it wood or laminate? If it is laminate, it probably was installed improperly, improper spacing where the planks meet the walls, and that is why it is buckling/cupping.

Where is my check?!

I would drive up there, but it would cost me about $100.00 for tolls and fuel!

Eric Van De Ven Magnum Inspections Inc. (772) 214-9929
    www.magnuminspections.com
    I still get paid to be suspicious when I got nothing to be suspicious about!

Eric,

It's wood and it's in Florida. Two choices, poor expansion or moisture. Thanks for the offer but the requestor won't appove that kind of travel charge.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Gould View Post
    Eric,

It's wood and it's in Florida. Two choices, poor expansion or moisture. Thanks for the offer but the requester won't approve that kind of travel charge.

Ron
    Ron,
    It is most likely lack of proper spacing and there wasn't enough room for expansion.

I am in South Florida and apparently, no one bothers to read the installation instructions. Especially the part about 1/2 inch or more spacing from walls/baseboards in high humidity conditions.

I went through three floors before the installers, and I use that term loosely, got it right!

That flooring is pretty durable. In fact, I have a piece of it in my back yard around some flowers. It has been there for six years and although it is starting to rot, it still retains its shape.

Chip O-Brian is in Destin, but that's still far to drive for $125.

Destin to Pensacola is (give or take) 50 miles one way, depending on where in or near Pensacola the place it.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Thumbs down Re: Wood Floor Inspection, Pensacola, FL 32507

Considering that what is being asked for is a professional evaluation of a situation that is already headed in the direction of court action, the fee is an insult. The liability incurred warrants a much, much higher fee.

Randall Aldering GHI BAOM MSM
    Housesmithe Inspection
    www.housesmithe.com

We have performed over 30,000 inspections in 4 years, five have gone to court, of which we knew in advance on 3 of them. Inspectors that go to court are paid extremely well.

Besides, if this was going to court, we would have flew in a NOFMA/NWFA inspector. You need to understand our inspections are from major retailers who are looking to satisfy their customer, as fast as possible. It's known as "customer service". When we don't have a certified or qualified inspector in certain areas, we have found that expierenced home inspectors are just as qualified; in some cases they are even more qualified.

These are not rocket science inspections. They are fast, easy and help your cash flow when we get them. We are not looking to bring in people that live 100 miles away (not in this part of the country). We are looking for somebody local. The isnepction takes 15 -20 minutes and the report writing takes another 15-20 minutes. Check with the other inspectors on this board who have performed inspections for us.

Ron Gould
    Inspect Solutions, Inc.

Tom Munds Guest

Eric, you are a funny guy!
    Is anyone on this site from the Northwest?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Munds View Post
    Eric, you are a funny guy!
    Is anyone on this site from the Northwest?
    Funny how? How am I funny? Am I a clown to you? Here to amuse you? Tell me, what is it that is so F***n funny about me? Joe Pesci from "Goodfellas".

I have done several of these inspections for individual Clients. Unfortunately, it is usually to determine what went wrong and every time except for once, it was improper installation techniques.

I did an inspection where a model, she was actually a model, did a small section in her dining area. She used liquid nails and didn't cut any of the planks and laid them all the same way with every seam lined up to every other seam.

She asked me how she did and I replied " As a floor installer, you make a great model"! I ended up inspecting her place on Star Island.

Last edited by Eric Van De Ven; 10-02-2007 at 02:30 PM. Reason: slippery fingers

Tom Munds Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Van De Ven View Post
    Funny how? How am I funny? Am I a clown to you? Here to amuse you? Tell me, what is it that is so F***n funny about me? Joe Pesci from "Goodfellas".

I have done several of these inspections for individual Clients. Unfortunately, it is usually to determine what went wrong and every time except for once, it was improper installation techniques.

I did an inspection where a model, she was actually a model, did a small section in her dining area. She used liquid nails and didn't cut any of the planks and laid them all the same way with every seam lined up to every other seam.

She asked me how she did and I replied " As a floor installer, you make a great model"! I ended up inspecting her place on Star Island.

I just thought your comment about telling them what to do , then asking for your check, and the then the little green smiley...I just thought it was funny, no dis-respect intended. My apologies if I offended you

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Munds View Post
    I just thought your comment about telling them what to do , then asking for your check, and the then the little green smiley...I just thought it was funny, no dis-respect intended. My apologies if I offended you
    No disrespect or offense taken. I should have put a smiley next to my comment above.