Default confused about mold

I know it sounds odd, but sometimes life is easier if you can see the mold.

My engineering floor was wet for 2-3 months (no fault of mine, I even had water remediation company came in and keep a dehumidifier on). The responsible parties refuse to tear the wood out for mold issue because they don't see anything. I see some black spots but I am hesitant to do a mold test. I did a air sample test (yes I know it's not useful) and the counts were "normal" even though the outside counts were a lot lower than normal at the time.

For those who want to get out of paying for damages, they say I have to have a certified hygienist I talked to one mold remediation person with IICRC certificate and he told me a hygienist is very expensive. I know mold is mold, but do I need a positive ID by a hygienist before the court would accept my evidence?

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: confused about mold

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne Smith View Post

My engineering floor was wet for 2-3 months (no fault of mine, I even had water remediation company came in and keep a dehumidifier on). The responsible parties refuse to tear the wood out for mold issue because they don't see anything. I see some black spots but I am hesitant to do a mold test. I did a air sample test (yes I know it's not useful) and the counts were "normal" even though the outside counts were a lot lower than normal at the time.

For those who want to get out of paying for damages, they say I have to have a certified hygienist I talked to one mold remediation person with IICRC certificate and he told me a hygienist is very expensive. I know mold is mold, but do I need a positive ID by a hygienist before the court would accept my evidence?
    Instead of testing for mould, you should test for moisture. Drill through the flooring and test the substrate.

Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

A dehumidifier will not remove water, or even moisture from your floors. It lowers the humidity of the air. That's useful, but is not a cure all.
    The responsible party does not see the mold. You expose the mold to show them.

Questions, where did the water come from, and what caused it?

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

If this is an Insurance Claim issue contact a Public adjuster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia they work for you and are payed a percentage of the loss recovery.( No Recovery, No Fee.)

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Thank you for all the information..... I guess I am more concerned about if I don't take actions now, knowing there is moisture issue, would it be my fault if mold start to surface?

Thank you for all the information..... I guess I am more concerned about if I don't take actions now, knowing there is moisture issue, would it be my fault if mold start to surface?
    Ms Smith,

There are many threads here concerning Mold you might want to do a search. One contributing member is an Industrial Hygienist and has posted very informative information.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

We (I) don't have enough information to say, however, most likely, yes.
    Most contracts have a clause that you need to take reasonable measures to mitigate damages, where you can.
    Knowledge is power, but with it comes responsibility.
    No longer can you plead ignorance. No action at this point could be considered negligence or at least contributory.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

for more about mold check the EPA web site, they have alot of details on types fomold and remediation techniques.