Nolan Kienitz Guest

Default Texas TREC approves new SOP & 7-3 Template (05/06/13)

The Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) has approved the new SOP and 7-3 Report Template at their meeting today (05/06/13) in Austin.

The effective date for inspectors to use the new SOP and 7-3 template is: 01/01/2014

TREC will likely have the documents ready for downloading at their site in a week or so.

Usually TREC's implementation date for changes is September 1st, but the Inspector's Advisory Committee recommend an effective date of 01/01/2014 to allow the software companies time to get the new 7-3 template built into their applications and made available to their client base in Texas as necessary.

The current SOP and 7A-1 and 7-2 templates will become "in-valid" as of the same 01/01/2014 date.

The changeover is a 'hot cut' with absolutely NO overlap between the current SOP and templates and the new SOP and template.

This actually makes for a clean/clear cut-over and will help both inspectors and the enforcement group at TREC. If an inspector produces a report with the old template on 01/01/2014 or after it is cut and dried a violation and the inspector can be fined.

For the inspectors it is a plus as there is no "gray area" in which SOP or template is valid or not.

Once TREC posts the approved documents I'll try to remember to provide a link here for them.

I already have copies of the final/proposed documents, but would rather post the final/approved documents after today's meeting.