Thread: Low Activity

Default Low Activity

I'm only seeing 4-5 new posts a day, when it was dozens or more in the past. Is anyone else seeing the same thing, or is my browser causing me problems?

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance
    Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Default Re: Low Activity

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Robinson View Post
    I'm only seeing 4-5 new posts a day, when it was dozens or more in the past. Is anyone else seeing the same thing, or is my browser causing me problems?
    Same here

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

My guess is folks are out doing inspections! We've been going flat out for several months.

Welmoed Sisson
    Inspections by Bob, LLC, Boyds, MD
    "Given sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

Quote Originally Posted by Welmoed Sisson View Post
    My guess is folks are out doing inspections! We've been going flat out for several months.
    Maybe, but HG and JP are usually posting more than that back and forth with each other. And they don't work at all anymore!

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing as I perused the posts today. I'm an example of an inspector who is busy. I had some time last week and did some posts, but tonight is the first night this week with some spare time.

Some topics that used to interest me, now feel beat to death. Some of the threads about subjective topics such as business practices, etc are exhausted. The same people say the same things. Jerry and I just had one of those exchanges.......totally pointless.

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

This thread reminds me of Seinfeld. I wonder if it will run as long.

Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Robinson View Post
    Maybe, but HG and JP are usually posting more than that back and forth with each other. And they don't work at all anymore!
    "And they don't work at all anymore!"

Man, I haven't laughed so hard in a very long time ... I am working my butt off as the AHJ inspector covering an area of almost 900 sq miles with only about 40,000 people in it - has more cows than people ... really. Several times a week I am out in an area I describe as ' 'nothing' out in the middle of 'nowhere' ... which is completely surrounded by even more 'nothing' '. I drive in on a paved road, turn off onto dirt roads, turn off onto a smaller dirt roads, and then onto grass roads.

A couple of weeks ago I went out with a contractor inspecting cell towers, he was telling me that where he was from he drives on what he refers to as "rabbit trails" to get to places ... after spending the day driving around with me he said 'I haven't seen this much 'nothing' in a very long time, if ever', yeah, he said that we were on some "rabbit trails" too.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Jerry, as an AHJ do you often find yourself in conflict with yourself?

What I mean is to you find that officially you have to accept things that you know are wrong because it is not your job to call it out? And do you reject things that are right because you official job says you must?

Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com