Default Hi from a curious homeowner-to-be

Hi All,

We are in a contract and the house has some stucco siding problems. While waiting for the stucco professional to evaluate and quote, I went through tons of information to educate myself on this topic. I thank you all so much for sharing your knowledge and experience! Now I'm ready to get report on that stucco sidings and actually understand it

Inna L

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Hi from a curious homeowner-to-be

Quote Originally Posted by Inna L View Post
    Hi All,

We are in a contract and the house has some stucco siding problems. While waiting for the stucco professional to evaluate and quote, I went through tons of information to educate myself on this topic. I thank you all so much for sharing your knowledge and experience! Now I'm ready to get report on that stucco sidings and actually understand it

Inna L
    Hi Inna,

Good luck with your prospective home purchase. I am curious, your post says you are waiting for the stucco professional to evaluate and quote. Is this home being inspected by an inspector or by a contractor?

By the way, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Turetsky View Post
    Hi Inna,

Good luck with your prospective home purchase. I am curious, your post says you are waiting for the stucco professional to evaluate and quote. Is this home being inspected by an inspector or by a contractor?

By the way, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Hi Steven and thank you! I'll reply with more information in appropriate topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Inna L View Post
    Hi Steven and thank you! I'll reply with more information in appropriate topic.
    Inna, I don't quite understand your response. If you are purchasing a home, it should be inspected. if you are buying a home clad with stucco, the stucco should be inspected. it should be inspected by a stucco/EIFS inspector.

If the "stucco professional" that is inspecting your home is not a qualified inspector and is a stucco contractor, I doubt very much that he will be able to provide you with much more than an estimate of how much he wants to charge you to make the home "pretty".

While the outward appearance is important and may "hint" at potential problems, what really matters is what is happening beneath the surface. Be careful!

Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com