Default Sun Nuclear 1027

Anyone know of an app to download data from a Sun Nuclear 1027 radon monitor to an android phone. How do you download data in the field? I have an inquiry into Sun Nuclear but have not heard back yet. Thanks!!

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1
    Tom Rees / A Closer Look Home Inspection / Salt Lake City, Utah
    http://acloserlookslc.com/

Default Re: Sun Nuclear 1027

I use the port on the front of the monitor and connect to my laptop with a cable. Sun Nuclear is apparently not interested in making the software work on anything but Windows (I've asked before).

Jack, Do you use Sun Nuclear or someone else for your calibrations? I always have a hard time getting anyone there to answer the phone or return a call. The last time I sent my 1027 in for calibration it took forever and they sent it back to wrong address and had to intercept it and re-send it.

PV Subramanian Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Rees View Post
    Anyone know of an app to download data from a Sun Nuclear 1027 radon monitor to an android phone. How do you download data in the field? I have an inquiry into Sun Nuclear but have not heard back yet. Thanks!!
    Hello - Please take a look at these videos on YouTube. I've been working on such an app for a few months. Works with both USB and Bluetooth (using a serial-to-Bluetooth adapter). BT is a lot more reliable/portable btw.

Sun Nuclear 1027 talking to Android phone over Bluetooth - YouTube
    Sun Nuclear 1027 talking to Droid Razr Maxx over USB-to-serial - YouTube

If there is a real need for such an app, perhaps I should consider turning it into a product! I am not in the Radon business, so advice is welcome.

PVS
    pvs AT gearandroid DOT c o m

PV, Thanks for that. I don't have time to get into it right now but I will give it a thorough look when I get a chance.

Jack, Do you use Sun Nuclear or someone else for your calibrations? I always have a hard time getting anyone there to answer the phone or return a call. The last time I sent my 1027 in for calibration it took forever and they sent it back to wrong address and had to intercept it and re-send it.
    Yes I have used Sun Nuclear for close to 15 years (+/-) and have never had a problem with calibration. They have always been pretty good about calling back if they are not available when I call.

I would buy such an App today if it was available.

PV - If what you have now is available I would be interested in purchasing. Also if you need someone to field test it I would be willing to help.

As far as calibration goes we use Gemmill Laboratories. Good price and fast turn around Radon Certification Training | Granite Radiation Testing | Radon Consulting | Granite Radon Testing

PV Subramanian Guest

Talking Re: Sun Nuclear 1027

PV, Thanks for that. I don't have time to get into it right now but I will give it a thorough look when I get a chance.
    Hello: Please see RadonCap - over the past few months we've worked on making this solution production ready. Hopefully you'll like what you see.

Thanks!

PVS