Post Heat brings out snakes and need for pool safety - Explorer News

InspectionNews has found this information related to pools and spas that might be of interest to you.

Heat brings out snakes and need for pool safety
    Explorer News
    The incident was the first Tucson drowning this year. Two other non-fatal water-related incidents have also been reported. In the drowning, a number of adults and other children were present at the household for a gathering. Goldberg said while more ...

and more »

More...

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1
    View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

Default Re: Heat brings out snakes and need for pool safety - Explorer News

Snakes & ticks. I'm more concerned with ticks. The attached picture is of a youngster Copperhead I ran across last week.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Brooks View Post
    Snakes & ticks. I'm more concerned with ticks. The attached picture is of a youngster Copperhead I ran across last week.
    They make no noise. you walk by, they strike. Some folks believe they are not a big threat. They are extremely poisonous. I find little foot long ones all the time. A lady walking around the pool in the grass got bit in the side of the foot by one no more that 9 to 10 inches. Skinny little snake. She spent a week in the hospital.

I never see them big as that picture. They are always just babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    They make no noise. you walk by, they strike. Some folks believe they are not a big threat. They are extremely poisonous. I find little foot long ones all the time. A lady walking around the pool in the grass got bit in the side of the foot by one no more that 9 to 10 inches. Skinny little snake. She spent a week in the hospital.

I never see them big as that picture. They are always just babies.
    This one really wasn't as big as it looks in the zoomed in picture. I think it had just fed on somehing because it was just laying in the opening under a cellar door cover and lethargic. No cellar, just a hole in the foundation wall through which the original owner fed firewood into the basement. This little fella was only 13-15 inches long. Not big but definitely a hazard. Copperheads tend to be aggressive too.

The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA