Post Inspector should be advocate for buyer - Chicago Daily Herald

InspectionNews has just found the following information that might be of interest to you:

Inspector should be advocate for buyer
    Chicago Daily Herald, IL - 4 hours ago
    Is this the way a home inspection is supposed to be? A. If handled properly, this is not the way a home inspection should be. Your home inspector is your ...

More...

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper
    View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

Default Re: Inspector should be advocate for buyer - Chicago Daily Herald

There is nothing more satisfying than to look the listing broker in the eye after she has followeed me down into the basemnet and tell her, Excuse me but this inspection is for my client. You will have to leave. If the homeowner stays I tell them. You cannot follow us around but if you want to stay you have to agree to fix everything I ask you to when the inspection is done.
    Niether stay for too loong after that.

Default Re: Inspector should be advocate for buyer - Chicago Daily Herald

Sounds like one of those "Realtor Friendly" inspectors.
    I always ask my Client if they want me to go over everything with them privately or in front of everyone. If they tell me to release the information to them only, that is what I do.

I had a Realtor who said "You have to tell us what is wrong"! I informed her that I didn't and although the real estate contract may state that a copy of the report is required to be provided to the seller, it doesn't have to come from me.

As for the following around part, I generally don;t let anyone follow me around. I simply ask them "Would you want me to come to your workplace and follow you around"?

I had one seller who just wouldn't leave me alone. I warned him that I may make sudden moves or step back from something quickly. I turned abruptly and he was right next to me. Unfortunately, he caught an elbow in the ribs. I apologized and he went and sat in the kitchen with his Realtor!

Eric Van De Ven Magnum Inspections Inc. (772) 214-9929
    www.magnuminspections.com
    I still get paid to be suspicious when I got nothing to be suspicious about!