Default INSPECTORS BRAGGING

HEY ALL

i know business is booming at least here in colorado--but I have inspectors bragging they do three inspections a day. well i'm the education and president of the rocky mountain chapter of NAHI. IF EVERY INSPECTION TAKES ME AT LEAST 2 1/2 HOURS that is 7 1/2 hours of day not counting travel. and at least another 1 1/2 for report that makes another 4.5 hours which adds up to 12 + hours. can you tell me you are doing a quality inspection. money is great but quality is our profession. be careful out there and don't rush to your next job if you haven't served you past client what you are being paid for. don't be foolish . justsaying

cvf

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: INSPECTORS BRAGGING

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLIE VAN FLEET View Post
    IF EVERY INSPECTION TAKES ME AT LEAST 2 1/2 HOURS that is 7 1/2 hours of day not counting travel. and at least another 1 1/2 for report that makes another 4.5 hours which adds up to 12 + hours.
    What, you only work half a day?

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

jerry

hope you don't condone this. your words of wisdom can help here.

cvf

jerry

hope you don't condone this. your words of wisdom can help here.

cvf
    Charlie,

Not only did I not do 3 inspections in a day, I spent 2-3 days on each inspection ... that is not a typo, that was what I did and that was my market. Sometimes my days were 18 hours long, including office time when I got back to the office ... of course, though, I would frequently only work 3-4 days a week - by choice - I did many inspections which took 3-4 days, a number of inspections took 4-5 days, and I did quite a few which were 5+ days. As I recall, my longest inspection was 8 or 11 days, I have forgotten as it was a number of years ago now. Of course, though, my market was expensive large homes, with my "small" house being around 3,500 sf, my 'average' house being around 5,000 to 8,000 sf, and my larger houses being 10,000, 15,000, 20,000, and 25,000 sf. I had quite a number of houses in the over-23,000 sf size. Spending a week on one was 'no big deal', it was almost 'expected' ... as if anything I did was "expected" .

You seemed to be complaining of spending 12 hours for 3 inspections, which is 4 hours each, that is probably about average for the time spent for the typical home inspection - what do the rest say is the average time spent for a typical home inspection?

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Charlie,

I used to work from 7am to 10pm 6 days a week doing inspections. Three, sometimes 4 a day. I could be doing that today, but choose not to. That's 3 hours per inspection and three hours drive time with reports done on site. Quality never suffered but my sanity did. Now I do two a day 5 or 6 days a week.

Heck, I used to work 6am to 9pm 6 days a week when I was a carpenter. Did that nearly 15 years and that's much harder work than home inspections.

Remember, it's not bragging if it's true.

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

When I was in construction, I worked 10 hours a day, five days a week. Long hours is all I know. When I started this biz, I did three a day all the time. Today, I stick with two a day, if both are "average" size homes. Occasionally, I slip a consult in with the two inspections, but those rarely take longer than 45 minutes. I'm older and hopefully a little wiser. Three normal inspections make for a long and tiring day.

If this is a typical year, biz will slow around August and I'll return to my preferred one a day. At two a day, I block off 4 hours for the first one. That's usually enough time, but I've occasionally had to call my next appointment to tell them that I am running late. So far, no one has complained. I think everyone wants me to take as long as necessary on their inspection. Yesterday, I had a renter complaining that she had been told that the inspection would only take two hours. I diplomatically told her that she needed to complain to whoever told her that, because I never said two hours.

And to Jerry......WOW!
    My biggest home was around 8000sq ft. and built in the 60's. The house had several additions and "creative" mechanical features. I took along another inspector. We did it in 7 hours with a 20 min lunch break.

.............only a water potability test and a simple inspection today.........it's like a day off

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

I have also heard inspectors claim they do three inspections a day. In my opinion, they are offering quantity (speed for their clients) but cannot possibly be offering quality. They may be fine inspectors, they may find every defect any of us would, but if they do 3 inspections and 3 reports a day their reports have to be checklists. I take a long time on my reports. Even with inspection software it takes time to type those unique comments and put in all the photos.

Lets say you work a 15 hour day, which I doubt. That's 5 hours for each inspection and report. But wait, there is definitely going to be travel time. Doing three inspections a day you cannot tell me they are always geographically near each other. Even if you have a wife or answering service scheduling your inspections, you are going to have some phone time each day. And I"m sure you take a lunch and occasional short break. And you have other time spent on each inspection: sending out an agreement before the inspection, sending out the paid invoice after the inspection, and at least a few trips to the bank every week with those 15 checks. Realistically you're down to 3 or 4 hours for each inspection and report, probably closer to 3. I cannot possibly do a quality inspection and report in that amount of time.

And like any occupation, you get in a hurry and you are much more likely to make a mistake. What if your first inspection takes some extra time for whatever reason (flat tire, traffic, pita tenant, buyer keeps you there longer than planned). And then so does your second inspection. Now you are in a huge hurry. You may miss something while running around the second home, or you may forget to put something in the report since you only have 12 minutes to complete it.

You make a mistake in this profession and your client can be hurt, and hopefully just financially. And you are more likely to end up in court.

Just my opinion (and I have a feeling someone will tell me it's a bad one).

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. (Thomas Edison)

Raise your prices and stay with two, if even that many. Some people like to grind it out for the nickels instead of looking for the dollars.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Lon Henderson View Post
    We did it in 7 hours with a 20 min lunch break.
    I've had buyers bring lunch for me, agents bring lunch for me, buyers take me to the country club for lunch (they pay a monthly minimum food tab whether or not they use it, so there was 'no cost' to them for that), sellers had food delivered from the country club (same reason - monthly food tab whether they use it or not), and had sellers call their housekeepers and have them make lunch for me ...

Maybe that was why I slowly gained weight over those years ... hmmm ...

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I do three all the time, not sure what the big deal is.

Smile Re: INSPECTORS BRAGGING

Three a day ! I wouldn't consider it, if your doing three a day your likely not including the report writing. something's amiss or your not being thorough.

I agree with most here that three a day is a tough thing to do unless your including small condo's or town homes. I've done one bedroom units in 90 minutes when the unit is a single story or is on the first floor and there is no attic to inspect.

Since I'm retired and do this for fun money doing one a day is all I really want to do. Its a great occupation and enjoyable, sure do meet all kinds of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wieczorek View Post
    Three a day ! I wouldn't consider it, if your doing three a day your likely not including the report writing. something's amiss or your not being thorough.

I agree with most here that three a day is a tough thing to do unless your including small condo's or town homes. I've done one bedroom units in 90 minutes when the unit is a single story or is on the first floor and there is no attic to inspect.

Since I'm retired and do this for fun money doing one a day is all I really want to do. Its a great occupation and enjoyable, sure do meet all kinds of people.
    Yea, I agree. It just depends on the house. Ive done new 3000 sq in 2 hours and then I've done 1000 that took 6 hours. I was just saying our schedules are 9am 12pm 3pm. That changes depending on the house and whether or not it's a POS, huge, old, or whatever.

I find it interesting how many are saying things like "lousy job", "impossible to do", etc., if someone attempts to do something that they are not used to, or can't do.

They are making their judgement based on their own limitations, or skills. They are being egocentric.

Not all inspectors answer or talk on phones all day long. Not all inspectors stop for lunch, or take breaks between jobs. Some don't have to drive long distances to, or between jobs.

Just because an inspector can do an on site report and be finished in 3 hours, does not mean they didn't do an excellent job, or produce an excellent report. Not everyone is comfortable, or skilled enough to do a report on site.

On the other side, I wonder why some guys take so long to write a report. I could say that they don't have a very good library for their software, and are re-typing the same comments over and over again. Or they are not confident in their own skills and have to double check every little thing.

I know that's not the case! I have a very good friend that uses the same software I do. He has excellent libraries. But he takes a couple hours to write a report back in his office. We have talked, and he is just not comfortable doing on-site reports. I understand it.

I've done three inspections in a day many times. Almost every time, they were small places, and not very far apart, and what I would consider an "easy inspection". Still, a long day, and not something I would do all the time. But, if my market was downtown lofts and condos, you bet I would be doing three and maybe four per day. Some of these lofts can be done in 90 minutes - TOPS! (600SF, 1B/1B in a multi story building).

Ted Menelly Guest

Lets take the 9, 12 and 3 routine I belive Marc stated. That is

Inspection, walkaround and report and getting to the next inspection in the 3 hours strt ime quoted for the first inspection and then the second inspection.

Marc is great and Jack is great but seriously folks......9, 12 and 3. That is less than 3 hours per inspection, walk through, report and driving to the next one ??????????????????

If you are not doing the report then and you do it later now you are down loading three separate groups of pictures and creating one report after another after having done, walked and driven three inspections.

There has to be something lost along the way, mixed up with another report etc

If you have always worked like that then someday you may just find out what you may have missed at an inspection, doing the report, talking to a client about the first inspection on the phone while still working on the third report.

To me that sounds like the absolute worse business sense I could possibly have nightmares thinking about.

Those who do one or two inspections per day and calling out those who do three inspections per day as losing something or not doing a good and thorough inspection should look at it from the other side ... *I* could just as easily say that doing two per day results in an inspection which is lacking, and, heck, even doing one inspection per day is missing a lot of stuff and is lacking ... because in my opinion it takes even longer than one day to do a good thorough inspection - but I am not accusing those who do one or two per day of missing things or doing less than thorough inspections - so I wonder why they are accusing those of doing three inspections per day of that???

Stumps me ... maybe they are the ones 'missing something'?

I guess those who do one or two per day know the magical secret method and what needs to be done, how much time needs to be spent doing what, and ... no, they are just pulling our leg and judging it against what *they* *think* *is* *best* *for* - *THEM* - and applying that to all others, heck, maybe they are 'just slow' (would that make me 'just even slower'?

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I totally agree with Jack's comments. Some inspectors, like myself, utilize technology and skill to speed up the inspection.

For example, when I take a picture with my camera, it automatically is wirelessly sent to my laptop and stored in the appropriate inspection folder. No waiting to download pictures, no fumbling with sd cards or cables. I can also type 80 words per minute, so entering custom information into the report is very quick. Plus, I've done several thousands of inspections. Nearly everything I see, I've seen before. When I see an issue I'm already thinking of the wording I need to write in the report and it gets entered in immediately. I also know my software like the back of my hand, I've got hundreds of custom comments, which I wrote myself, just waiting for me to click them into the report.

My wife runs the office and she knows to keep the drive time between inspections to a minimum. I don't stop for lunch between inspections, I'll bring a sandwich and eat while driving. I don't take phone calls during inspections...I'll call them back while I'm driving...gotta love blu-tooth totally hands free. The wife sends out the inspection agreements via email when the inspection is ordered. She also makes the deposits a few times a week. Paid invoices are sent via email with the report. Just send the report from my computer to my phone via blu-tooth then zip them off via email on my phone and I'm done before I'm driving to my next appointment.

Gotta embrace technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Rowe View Post
    I totally agree with Jack's comments. Some inspectors, like myself, utilize technology and skill to speed up the inspection.

For example, when I take a picture with my camera, it automatically is wirelessly sent to my laptop and stored in the appropriate inspection folder. No waiting to download pictures, no fumbling with sd cards or cables. I can also type 80 words per minute, so entering custom information into the report is very quick. Plus, I've done several thousands of inspections. Nearly everything I see, I've seen before. When I see an issue I'm already thinking of the wording I need to write in the report and it gets entered in immediately. I also know my software like the back of my hand, I've got hundreds of custom comments, which I wrote myself, just waiting for me to click them into the report.

My wife runs the office and she knows to keep the drive time between inspections to a minimum. I don't stop for lunch between inspections, I'll bring a sandwich and eat while driving. I don't take phone calls during inspections...I'll call them back while I'm driving...gotta love blu-tooth totally hands free. The wife sends out the inspection agreements via email when the inspection is ordered. She also makes the deposits a few times a week. Paid invoices are sent via email with the report. Just send the report from my computer to my phone via blu-tooth then zip them off via email on my phone and I'm done before I'm driving to my next appointment.

Gotta embrace technology.

All right, Mr. Rowe, I will eat a little crow. You addressed all the time consuming tasks that I mentioned (and that I do myself): no lunch or breaks, phone calls only while driving, your wife does agreements and schedules inspections close together. I have an order form on my website, which saves time, but I still don't make or take phone calls while driving if I think there's any chance I will have to take notes. That's just my preference. I vote so I can bitch about the politicians. And I won't drive, talk and write at the same time so I can bitch about the drivers in Suburbans that have almost run into me while they're yakking on the phone.

The technology I have, including bluetooth, wireless, and hundreds of my own comments.

Someone else pointed out that inspecting 3 1 bed/1 bath 600 sf condos would not be an unusually long day. I agree, I could do that. I don't have any condos like that in my (relatively) small town. Our smallest condos are over 1000 sf and have a roof and/or attic and/or crawlspace- some have all and all have at least 2 out of 3. So they don't take any less time than a 1300 sf slab on grade home.

I should also consider that inspecting in a big city might be easier in some ways. For example a subdivision with only 2 or 3 models, so you may have inspected 'this home' many times already. And at least half of my inspections require entering a crawlspace, which can easily add 20 minutes to an inspection (sometimes more, and a little more report preparation time).

So I apologize- I should not have made a 'blanket' statement regarding 3-a-day inspectors. It is definitely possible. Although I would wonder about someone claiming they do 3 a day every day (never get a 3000 or 4000 sf home?).

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. (Thomas Edison)

For most home inspections (under 3000sq ft) I usually block off 4 hours. I block off less for condos and small townhomes. A variable is drive time because I cover a large area. I've done 3000sq ft homes in two hours, but three is normal. I often have down time between inspections, but that's ok. It's better than being rushed. Last week I spent 2 1/2 hours on a sizable home and 3 1/2 hours on a small home. The differences were with the clients. One client did their own thing and the other looked over my shoulder for the entire inspection with questions at every stop. A few weeks ago, I had a client who fixated on a minor mold issue and drew me back to that spot four times. I spent almost an hour standing at that one spot over an issue that a little disinfectant could fix in five minutes!

I've heard inspectors talk about controlling the inspection. If you can control your time on every inspection and the questions from your clients, then you're better than me. There are two components of every inspection; inspecting and communication. What you know means squat if you can't communicate it. On many inspections, the time consuming part is the communication. Some clients need almost no explanation but others need a Construction 101 course. Even though I did three a day fifteen years ago when I started inspecting without any complaints, I look back now and wonder about the quality of those inspections. I know an inspector who says he never takes longer than two hours on inspections. We're all different and maybe some inspectors have figured something out that I haven't, but I rarely get done with a house in two hours.

You have to know yourself and spend the time that works best for your inspections.

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Dave Rose Guest

I'm relatively new at inspecting, so let me give you that perspective. I've only been doing this for 9 months, maybe I've done 200 inspections over that time...although some of that is just due to low demand. I schedule myself at 9 AM and 2 PM currently....although now that my speed is coming up I'm going to move to 9 AM and 1:30 PM. I like taking long lunches and running errands at lunch. If I get two "normal" houses, I can do two/day, but it takes me about 9 hours total...9-12:30 on-site and I get 90% of the report done at the location...then 2-5:30...then I go home and spend about an hour finishing up both reports...so I'm done by 7 PM or so. I usually only do one job on Thursdays...that gives me a chance to clean my vehicle, invoice the company (I subcontract myself to another company...so they do all the scheduling, IAs, etc.). To me, some of the factors that affect time are: 1)Is the buyer present? Most are, but occasionally not...I can move much faster if they are not there 2)Age of house....I can do a 2010 3000 square foot house faster than I can a 1940 1000 square foot house most of the time...there is just so much more to look out for on the older houses usually...although we do charge an extra $50 for "old" houses. 3) Ancillary services...we do termite inspections and radon measurement also...those increase the time it takes...both from the on-site standpoint and the reporting standpoint 4) Type of foundation...slabs are by far the quickest to do...crawlspaces take much more time for me 5) "high end" houses take longer for me...not so much the size...but often we get houses that may be only 3,000 square feet...but they have 2 AC units, two furnaces, two fireplaces, a wet bar/kitchenette downstairs, a pole barn out back, and so on. Yes we charge more for pole barns and extra kitchens...but they do take longer. If you had to pin me down...I'd say for a typical 2,000 square foot house, built in the 1990s, that has been reasonably cared for, on a slab, and does not have any ancillary services...I can be completely done with two of those per day in about an 8 hour day. As I said...keep in mind I'm relatively new..so I'm sure many of you are faster.

Joe Richmond Guest

Listen guys, as long as you do a fair and proper job, it should matter how many you do. For the guys bragging, it typically means either they are particularly proud of the accomplishment or have never had the opportunity to do three in a day. As for me, I have done three in a day many times and spent the night, or next morning reviewing, revising, and preparing deliverables. The better way to look at it professionally, is whether or not the service warrants the fee. Other than that no one should really be 'clocking' someone else's time or money. Hey Jerry Peck, we need to talk. Seriously.

I agree with Jack and Joe. I can do three a day but can't sustain that pace for any length of time. I want my reports to be 99% accurate and take the time in the office to make sure they are correct and detailed. On the days I do 3, I will usually only deliver via my website 1 or 2 that day. If any of the homes were POS's then I will definitely hold that report to the following morning. I have learned never to deliver a report after 9 PM. The opportunity for error is just too high.

For me, my average home size is 2,200 sq ft. (we don't have many mansions around here) I will normally need 3 hours onsite and then an hour or more in the office to correct and finalize the report. Doing three a day with drive time equals a 14 hour day. It can be done but I am not a happy inspector when those happen on a regular basis.

//Rick

Rick Bunzel
    WWW.PacCrestInspections.com
    360-588-6956

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Richmond View Post
    Listen guys, as long as you do a fair and proper job, it should matter how many you do. For the guys bragging, it typically means either they are particularly proud of the accomplishment or have never had the opportunity to do three in a day. As for me, I have done three in a day many times and spent the night, or next morning reviewing, revising, and preparing deliverables. The better way to look at it professionally, is whether or not the service warrants the fee. Other than that no one should really be 'clocking' someone else's time or money. Hey Jerry Peck, we need to talk. Seriously.
    Seriously.

That is one of the best inspection reports I have ever seen. I could do six inspections a day with reports like that.

Just sayin

As far as clocking someone elses time or money. Why not. That is life and business.

ted

did i miss something--where was report you liked

cvf

rick

my thoughts also--would not want to be the third client in a three day inspection.

JUST SAYING BE CAREFUL OUT THERE DON'T OVER DUE A GOOD THING OR YOUR GOOD INSPECTIONS TO $$$$$-COULD COST YOU--THERE IS ALWAYS TOMORROW OR EVEN WORKING THE WEEKEND--JP love you to death but in your days did you do computer reports with photos ?
    if not it is different these days and a little more time consuming.

CVF

Most of the houses we inspect are typically 1980's ++. Its just the area we live in and service. For LA, the city, I cant only do two a day down there. Very old, most are at least.
    Three a day for me isnt 3 4000 sq ft houses. Its usually limited to not more than 7000 sq ft for the whole day.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
    Most of the houses we inspect are typically 1980's ++. Its just the area we live in and service. For LA, the city, I can only do two a day down there. Very old, most are at least.
    Three a day for me isnt 3 4000 sq ft houses. Its usually limited to not more than 7000 sq ft for the whole day.
    Thanks, Marc. My response to the skeptical above was going to be - Marc is in a unique area where he can 1) inspect the slab home in 2 hrs or less, 3) answer questions and receive payments in about 45 mins, and 3) drive to the next one in under 15 mins.

A reasonable production is Two a day, allowing about 4 hours for each and a bit of travel time. Reports take time, but vary hugely with the volume of typing required. If you run the office too, then add some more unpaid overtime to that.

I find an extra half hour can give me time to review some things, maybe take a second look at something, and go over my pictures. When time is tight and you've got a long commute to the afternoon job, you can't give your clients 100%. It's a slippery slope, for sure.

Last edited by John Kogel; 06-06-2013 at 12:36 PM.
    John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Quote Originally Posted by John Kogel View Post
    Thanks, Marc. My response to the skeptical above was going to be - Marc is in a unique area where he can 1) inspect the slab home in 2 hrs or less, 3) answer questions and receive payments in about 45 mins, and 3) drive to the next one in under 15 mins.

A reasonable production is Two a day, allowing about 4 hours for each and a bit of travel time. Reports take time, but vary hugely with the volume of typing required. If you run the office too, then add some more unpaid overtime to that.

I find an extra half hour can give me time to review some things, maybe take a second look at something, and go over my pictures. When time is tight and you've got a long commute to the afternoon job, you can't give your clients 100%. It's a slippery slope, for sure.
    You bet... We're pretty lucky in that the housing is so new. Not very challenging but what the heck...I'll take it. BTW..., how's your realtor relationships holding up?
    Sorry, had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Rowe View Post
    For example, when I take a picture with my camera, it automatically is wirelessly sent to my laptop and stored in the appropriate inspection folder. No waiting to download pictures, no fumbling with sd cards or cables.
    Ken, what type of camera, computer system/cloud server system are you running? Is your camera wifi or bluetooth? It sounds like a sweet setup and I would like to know more about it.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Griffin View Post
    Ken, what type of camera, computer system/cloud server system are you running? Is your camera wifi or bluetooth? It sounds like a sweet setup and I would like to know more about it.
    I don't worry about the time for downloading pictures. My camera is wifi but I do not need it. I plug the lead into the camera and computer, name the file I want them in, click import and 150 pictures are in that file in 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
    BTW..., how's your realtor relationships holding up?
    Sorry, had to.
    You've mistook me for somebody else. I imagine I have a few fans in the realty world but most of them try to avoid me.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

JP love you to death but in your days did you do computer reports with photos ?
    if not it is different these days and a little more time consuming.
    Charlie,

Yes ... I started using a notebook computer in the field back in 1994 - think back and try to remember what was available 'back then' (not much and not a lot of memory in them, as I recall the first notebook I used in the field had 87 *meg* of hard drive space and 128K of RAM. It was about the size of one of the Netbook computers now, the screen was about the size of a 10.1" Samsung pad (similar to the iPad). Had the color display because the non-color displays (black & white except they were not B&W and were not called that, were called something else) could not be seen in the sunlight, the sun would wash the screen out and it looked like it was a blank screen.

Those were *not* the days to be trying to be ahead of the curve, but I did it anyway as I was always trying to be ahead of the curve. I was always try to set the future point of where all others would be someday, except that the 'future point' was moving forward as technology made leaps and bounds in improvements, so I kept moving forward with it.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Griffin View Post
    No my camera isn't wifi or bluetooth. The memory card in my camera is wifi. It's called an eye-fi card Buy Now | Eye-Fi. Camera is a Canon, computer is a Dell 11z, no cloud server.

One of my new cameras (trying out two) has wifi, but have not tried it yet. I can transfer 75 photos (average) in just a few seconds using the USB cable. I'm usually not connected to WiFi during the inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kogel View Post
    You've mistook me for somebody else. I imagine I have a few fans in the realty world but most of them try to avoid me.
    I'll Vouch ( try to Avoid ) for that.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    One of my new cameras (trying out two) has wifi, but have not tried it yet. I can transfer 75 photos (average) in just a few seconds using the USB cable. I'm usually not connected to WiFi during the inspection.
    I can't comment on your camera, but my wi-fi enabled memory card generates it's own wi-fi connection to my computer. It does not rely on somebody's open wi-fi connection in their home.

People have asked numerous times in this forum about ways to speed up inspections. While others are looking for their cable or taking their cards from the camera and plugging them into their computer then waiting for the pictures to load, mine are in my computer pretty much instantly when I take the picture. It's not for everyone, but one of the things that allows me to speed up the inspection process so I could do three a day if I really wanted to.

Last edited by Ken Rowe; 06-09-2013 at 09:23 PM.