Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: ICC certification

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    Jerry Peck's quest is learning more & more about less & less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.
    That's an engineer.

I'm a contractor.

Crawl Space Creeper
    Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    That's an engineer.

I'm a contractor.

Touche'

Mark Mustola Guest

Jerry and Jerry, thank you both for your replys. The reason I ask, is that an inspector in my area makes a big deal out of being ICBO certified. I do believe at one time he was but when I go to the ICC website I can not find his name as a member so I would assume he has not kept he membership/certifacation up to date.

Do you know if old ICBO credentials carrired over to ICC when the organizations merged?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Mustola View Post
    Do you know if old ICBO credentials carrired over to ICC when the organizations merged?
    You had to apply to the ICC for the new ICC matching certifications, which were given on a one-to-one basis depending on what your previous certifications were.

If you did not apply, you did not get an ICC certification. I don't know if the ICC will still do that to old certifications, unless maybe their continuing education requirements have been met and kept up, it's only 15 hours per year/45 hours every three years (you don't need 15 hours every year, you can get them all at once, it's the 45 hours in 3 years which counts).

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. - Can't remember who said this, it was either Jerry Rumsfeld or Donald Peck.

Jerry Peck's quest is learning more & more about less & less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.
    You know Joe, your a total disappointment. Someone with your background (electrical contractor) should be on this board answering questions and helping people on electrical and other areas. Instead, all of your posts usually end with you calling someone a name or bashing them because they don't see your point of view.

Knowing what you do about electrical and now code issues; turn that knowledge into helping others instead of getting into knock-down brawls.

Just one mans opinion.

Darren

New Jersey Home Inspection - About the House!

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Miller View Post
    Knowing what you do about electrical and now code issues; turn that knowledge into helping others instead of...

I do that, just not here, the software & class material my partner & I have developed has helped scores of home inspectors become ICC Certified, I also teach within my local ASHI chapter and my partner is President of Florida NACHI where he teaches.

Here on this message board though the lessons are political as opposed to technical, I feel that my job here is to present and challenge others to see beyond the association rhetoric and think freely, especially in regards to home inspector licensing. It is a thankless task, but someone must do it, so save your disappointment for your children.

Darren... By the way, what exit?

so save your disappointment for your children.
    See, there you go again... trying to stir the pot.

I have nothing to be disappointed about my childdren. My son just got promoted and is working in the corporate headquarters of A & P.

My daughter has been on the Dean's list all 4 years of college. Next semister she graduates as a radiologist.

I do that, just not here, the software & class material my partner & I have developed has helped scores of home inspectors become ICC Certified,
    Darren,

Joe's on this thread to pedal his soft ware & classes

And Brags on his (just not here inter-NACHI) board about his current RANTS here.

Maybe you over estimate capabilities .

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

The timing on this subject is interesting as I just got my ICC certification 3 year renewal notice in yesterday’s mail. I scanned some of the materials so that it may help others understand what their current protocol is. It appears that coming up with the CEUs is a piece of cake as in the old days we had to take a short exam and pass it for renewal. As a building code instructor for 14 years I have also helped, prodded and cajoled many of my students into getting themselves ICC certified and in the jurisdictional world that's a must. I've long held the belief that all serious private section inspectors should at least attempt obtaining certifications as it's certainly not rocket science, but show professional intent and absolutely will result in making one a more knowledgeable real estate inspector, not better, just more knowledgeable. Knowledge is the main ingredient for success, but only when you know how and when to employ it.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    Joe's on this thread to pedal his soft ware & classes

Billy Sunday,

If that were the case you would be able to catch me lowering standards in an attempt to sell folks like you educational products, mark my word... That will never happen, besides you ain't got enough money.

I mean the idea of selling educational products to blockheads like you is quite tempting because folks like you are a veritable bonanza of unending free money, taking course after course and never achieving anything, but that would take away from those who will still be here next year.

No, I am here to share my ideas in regards to the ideals of free thinking and the sham of home inspector licensing, nothing more or less.

Joe.

Thanks Joe,

I wouldn't want you to TAKE Advantage of anyone just to make a quick Buck.

Maybe You could do an Infomercial and offer other products as well to benefit Mankind.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    Maybe You could do an Infomercial and offer other products as well to benefit Mankind.

Why would I do that? I have no respect for any message board that would allow me to post anyway.

Hooray and up she rises! Hooray and up she rises! Hooray and up she rises Early in the morning!

[quote=Joseph Burkeson;27489]... I have no respect .../quote]

Understood,

Clay White Guest

Question for you guys who have taken the ICC cert exams:

Do you recall if in the test question(s), a table is specifically referenced in the question for you to look up or do you have to find the table on your own....just curious...I'm studying right now to take the Residential, B1 exam.

thanks,

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Clay White View Post
    Question for you guys who have taken the ICC cert exams:

Do you recall if in the test question(s), a table is specifically referenced in the question for you to look up or do you have to find the table on your own....just curious...I'm studying right now to take the Residential, B1 exam.

thanks,

You will need to find the table on your own. Before the exam I created a Table Index listing the Table & page in the code book it was located then inserted this index into my 3-ring binder code book, you might want to do the same.

Good luck with the B1!

Clay White Guest

You will need to find the table on your own. Before the exam I created a Table Index listing the Table & page in the code book it was located then inserted this index into my 3-ring binder code book, you might want to do the same.

Good luck with the B1!
    Thanks, Joseph...

Good idea about the index!

By the way, I noticed that ICC says 17% of the questions on B1 will be on Public Safety, however, I don't see anything in the IRC 2006 about public safety or in the study guide. What am I missing?

Clay White Guest

Hey Joe,

You be around? I'm curious if there is anything in the IRC 2006 about Public Safety as I the IRC B1 exam said there will be many questions on it but yet I don't see it in the IRC.

I think you mean "occupant safety" and I suggest you thoroughly read 2006 IRC Chapter 3.
    Good luck.

Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

Richard Stanley Guest

The whole code is for public safety.

Brandon Chew Guest

Clay,

Go here: ICC Online | Certification & Testing
    Scroll down to the bottom to the section titled Public Safety and you will see a list of the things you need to know. As Jerry M pointed out, you'll find those things in Chapter 3 of the IRC.

Brandon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12