Default Anyone seen this type of waste pipe

This was a new one on me. I have never seen yellow waste ping before. Anyone heard of it. I thought someone had used gas pipe until I looked at this pipe and it had DWV stamped on it. The lady had a cesspool in the crawl that prevented me from getting too close. HAs this stuff been recalled. And why would he feel the need to paint it at the duc ttape joint?

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Anyone seen this type of waste pipe

Never seen yellow ABS DWV piping before. Do you have any better pictures where you can make out the pipe manufacturer?

Quote Originally Posted by Corn Walker View Post
    Never seen yellow ABS DWV piping before. Do you have any better pictures where you can make out the pipe manufacturer?
    Best I can do

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Quote Originally Posted by ren ramsey View Post
    Best I can do
    How confident are you that the unsupported material you photographed was not painted, coated or sleeved (usually PE "plastic") copper drainage tube type DWV, DIY git'Rdone "gooped" to ABS fittings?

Quote Originally Posted by H.G. Watson, Sr. View Post
    How confident are you that the unsupported material you photographed was not painted, coated or sleeved (usually PE "plastic") copper drainage tube type DWV, DIY git'Rdone "gooped" to ABS fittings?
    I have never heard of a copper drainage DWV. Since I have never seen this type pipe I am not real confident of what it is at all. I had thought it was made for DWV since it was stamped as such.

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Quote Originally Posted by ren ramsey View Post
    I have never heard of a copper drainage DWV. Since I have never seen this type pipe I am not real confident of what it is at all. I had thought it was made for DWV since it was stamped as such.
    That would be "Copper Drainage Tube, Type DWV" , not just "copper drainage DWV", and if in a crawl, burried or uncovered close proximity to elements would be coated, generally with PE. Uncoated Copper Drainage Tube, Type DWV which is uncoated is marked or striped yellow.

'bout the only "blue" goop I could think of was Big Blue thread compound was it hardened or soft?

My other thought is that it may be low-head PVC tube, or similar dually-rated material which was yellow (such as sometimes specified for industrial example in petrochemical and other environments, or (possibly more likely) MDPE or HDPE (PE 'plastic either medium density or high density) which is oftentimes made in yellow as it is oftentimes used for (ANSI/APWA) possibly "hazardous" materials (i.e. gasoline, oil, petroleum or gaseous materils, waste) identification color; either of which may have been previously paint-marked blue and was used for the well/supply/potable water and was DIY "recycled" as waste plumbing. MDPE tube sometimes used to line prev. busted/leaking pipes/drains, is not cemented or chemically welded - it is heat or RF iin-line.

What led to your concluding the yellow material was 'in fact' (??) ABS? was it so marked (see nothing indicating in pics)??? or simply because the fittings present were ABS? (I'm not suggesting MDPE is compatible with direct connection or solvent cementing to ABS fittings).