Thread: Krawlgear

Default Krawlgear

Hey ya'll I wanted to find out some recent reviews on the Krawler. The last post I could find was back in 2009. How bout you folks that have bought since. You really like it.? What about when you stop to take a pic and need to roll over? Is that a big deal? How about in muddy crawls? Does it last? They sell tubes for the wheels. Anyone have problems with the wheels getting punctured?Do the wheels get clogged up? Any one out there with anything negative to say about the Krawler?

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Krawlgear

Quote Originally Posted by ren ramsey View Post
    Hey ya'll I wanted to find out some recent reviews on the Krawler. The last post I could find was back in 2009. How bout you folks that have bought since. You really like it.? What about when you stop to take a pic and need to roll over? Is that a big deal? How about in muddy crawls? Does it last? They sell tubes for the wheels. Anyone have problems with the wheels getting punctured?Do the wheels get clogged up? Any one out there with anything negative to say about the Krawler?
    i,m sure it works well somtimes--but good old coveralls -gloves and knee pads work everytime cvf

I've had mine several years. While coveralls, gloves, etc work every time, my trips to chiropractor have reduced a lot. Less stress on knees and back I guess.
    Where the Krawler really excels is when you have to go under ducts that are close to the ground.
    Also, its much faster to get around under a house when using the Krawler.
    Stopping to take a photo is not a big deal. I either roll over while on the Krawler, or slide off to move a bit. There are some times that I will crawl to get somewhere tight, and come back to the Krawler. You are not exactly strapped into the thing. :-)
    I have never punctured a tire, or had any problems with mine at all. Once in a while I have to put more air in the tires, but that's it.

I was skeptical at first. I thought it was over priced, and a waste of time and money. Just another "cute" toy! Boy, was I wrong. It is really well made, with high quality materials. I was convinced within about 25 seconds of entering my first crawlspace with a Krawler. Less aches and pains is worth a lot to me, not to mention less trips to chiropractor.

I went ahead and took the plunge and got me a krawler. Now I wish I had gotten it 17 years ago. Man that thing is fast and makes it soo much easier than crawling. I had to slow down to make sure I did not miss anything. It cut my crawl space inspection at least in half if not more. I love this thing. I knew within the first 30 sec of getting I the crawl that this thing was going to be worth it.

Same reaction I had to using it! (see post above)