Default What are these veneer retrofit?

What the heck are these things. The one shot is on the inside of the basement, the other is the outside. Are they something holding the veneer on. They were spaced like every 10' The veneer was not cracked.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: What are these veneer retrofit?

Quote Originally Posted by ren ramsey View Post
    What the heck are these things. The one shot is on the inside of the basement, the other is the outside. Are they something holding the veneer on. They were spaced like every 10' The veneer was not cracked.
    The metal plates were added to stabilize the wall . My swag would be the brick ties pulled/rusted or were improperly applied. The walls bowed and the stabilizing bolts metal plates were added.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Default Re: What are these veneer retrofit?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    The metal plates were added to stabilize the wall . My swag would be the brick ties pulled/rusted or were improperly applied. The walls bowed and the stabilizing bolts metal plates were added.
    That's kinda what I thought but I did not see any cracking but that could have been repaired.