Default Pollution Control for Septic?

I am a city boy and do not inspect private sewer. I assume this device has something to do with the septic. What is it and what does it do?

162AA.JPG 166AA.JPG

OREP Insurance
    Mike Lamb
    Inspection Connection, Inc.
    http://www.inspection2020.com/

Default Re: Pollution Control for Septic?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lamb View Post
    I am a city boy and do not inspect private sewer. I assume this device has something to do with the septic. What is it and what does it do?
    Correct assumption. It is the aerator component for the Jet waste treatment system.
    See: Residential Wastewater Treatment ? Wastewater Recycling and Grey Water Recycling

The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

Regular septic tanks digest effluent with an anaerobic process (relating to, involving, or requiring an absence of free oxygen: anerobic bacteria. )

Whereas this tank introduces air via a bubbler or some other means to speed up the break down of the effluent through aerobic bacteria (relating to, involving, or requiring free oxygen: simple aerobic bacteria).

Thank you.

Mike Lamb
    Inspection Connection, Inc.
    http://www.inspection2020.com/

We call that type of septic system a treatment plant system. Many times the effluent "water" is stored in an underground tank and is discharged through a sprinkler into a section of the yard; it can be discharged into a rock/reed(water loving plants) garden. I have also seen it discharged into Koi ponds, but that tends to also create algae blooms if the nitrates/nitrites get out of balance.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Ted Menelly Guest

First tank is a holding tank for the solid products and it needs to be aerated. The box should have had a test button that when pushed a buzzer goes off. The will alert you that the pump stopped working. You also add additives and I will just use the term rid-x for example as most folks have heard of it.

Forget about the 3 and 4 tank deals. The first tank helps eat up the solids and then the water over flows to the second tank and somewhere inbetween you add chlorine tabs, or other products. The water flows past the chlorine tabs and takes some chlorine with it and it kills the bacteria and then the water rises in the second tank and the float rises with it and kicks the pump on and the water it sprayed out of a couple sprinkler heads. No leach field here. A great system as far as I am concerned. Two concrete tanks and a couple of pumps. One for air and the other for water. What can go wrong.

Kept is kind of simple for the basic workings of the system.

That Ted Knows Sewage.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

We have pressurized drain fields here sometimes. There's an effluent pump in tank#2 and a lot of small diam pipes buried in the field. This drain field was built in the bush behind a rock bluff. It looks like it could maybe crawl away, but it's tethered to the tank with a pipe.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca