thomas thayer Guest

Default Help with Identifying this unit???

I ran across a unusual set-up today for my neck of the woods. Can anyone identify this Day & Night electric unit. It was located on top of a water heater inside of a 38 year old1517 E. Garfield Ave., Glendale 025.JPG1517 E. Garfield Ave., Glendale 027.JPG condominium unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Help with Identifying this unit???

It appears to be some form of a heat pump water heater. See Heat Pump Water Heaters | Department of Energy

Quote Originally Posted by David Swartz View Post
    It appears to be some form of a heat pump water heater. See Heat Pump Water Heaters | Department of Energy
    That would be my guess but it is really just a guess. I'd love to have someone familiar with this chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Butler View Post
    That would be my guess but it is really just a guess. I'd love to have someone familiar with this chime in.
    I've not seen one, but heard of one recently. This guy had one and loves it. In Florida most water heaters in garage, and it cools the garage from the heat pump discharge air..

Paul Kondzich
    Ft. Myers, FL.