Default Inspect Faster Software

Anyone have any feedback good or bad about -
    Home Inspection Software - Report Software for Home Inspectors

Last edited by Raymond Wand; 07-19-2013 at 12:40 PM.
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Inspect Faster Software

Hi Raymond,

Never used it, but a quick glance shows it has no database, so it will be necessary to use a different software to track jobs. I am personally fed up with 3D and have been looking for a different software. Couldn't get HIP to work for me, but it seems to be about the best out there and their customer service is amazing. I am going to try again this winter to see if I can make it work. Of course, HIP also does not have a database.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Gunnar,

I am with you. I have 12 years invested in 3D and am continually frustrated with the support or lame responses I get. The good news is that I understand most of the issues and don't have to call / email 3D too often.

I too am looking at HIP and know it will be a big change. Fortunately after speaking to Domenic I have a lot of confidence that these guys will be pretty responsive to issues. Do you know if they have the same type of office management / reporting that 3D has?

//Rick

Rick Bunzel
    WWW.PacCrestInspections.com
    360-588-6956

Thanks for the feedback gents.

I have been using Horizon for the last year and a half, not completely sold, so looking at alternatives.

Have used Inspectit as well which I liked, customer service sucked. Don't use it anymore because it was PC based, and now I am on a Mac.

As for Inspect Faster, still playing with it. Could use a few more options. Did get response to my emails btw.

Will check out HIP.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bunzel View Post
    Gunnar,

I am with you. I have 12 years invested in 3D and am continually frustrated with the support or lame responses I get. The good news is that I understand most of the issues and don't have to call / email 3D too often.

I too am looking at HIP and know it will be a big change. Fortunately after speaking to Domenic I have a lot of confidence that these guys will be pretty responsive to issues. Do you know if they have the same type of office management / reporting that 3D has?

//Rick
    I made the switch from 3D last year, yes it required a different mindset and a little learning curve after using 3D since it was in DOS! Once you realize that 3D is not the same as HIP and vise versa it becomes easier to convert.

HIP does not have an office management system, they have a relationship with a call center that provides client tracking, etc... IMVHO, this service is just too exspensive for me. HIP does keep track of agents. Dominic has said that they are working on a Quickbooks merge feature. This will be a nice feature.

I use an iPad to collect data on site, sync to my main computer and the upload the report to the HIP Cloud service.

I highly recommend HIP.....

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

HIP does not have a built in data base however as Scott mentioned does have an address book and does integrate with several outside services at this point.
    He likes to concentrate his efforts and keep the program light weight.
    (implication) personally use plain old Google calendar as it integrates with search features of the other Google services very well.

New update just being released for even more picture app features.
    Bob

Hi Guys

As several have mentioned we fully integrate into ISN (inspectionsupport.net) for all your database and management needs. I'd say around 30% of our users (and ALL the top companies that use us) use ISN as well. I learned long ago that it would be incredibly hard, if not impossible to be the best at everything in this industry (there's just not enough inspectors to justify the cost and resources) and that it made much more sense to make our software integrate with the top in each field (i.e. Home Owner Network, Inspection Support Network, COA Support and RecallChek).

Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software & Home Inspection Website Hosting
    Runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad. Import HomeGauge, 3D & InspectVue Narratives!

I agree, I am in the process of setting up my template on HIP which will mirror the software I have using which will make the transition smooth. I'm impressed with HIP and the best part is, I will no have to use a Windows based computer.

Nolan Kienitz Guest

Consider and test drive: Whisper Reporter ... you can customize this application to whatever you would like.

WhisperReporter

Ray, why do you have an ISN video in the first thread now? That's not InspectFaster. It's not even inspection software.

Runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad. Import HomeGauge, 3D & InspectVue Narratives!

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Maricic View Post
    Ray, why do you have an ISN video in the first thread now? That's not InspectFaster. It's not even inspection software.
    He didn't put it there Dom, its an AD(vertisement). Check the code and note the Ad changes, sometimes its a list of Advertiser's links, Note: it appears below the last editing time stamp and before the signature line - its a part of the "first post" stationary/wallpaper. Its seen around since our host last tweeked the forum. You'll see it on editor box scripted created first topic posts created after the forum version software upgrade and after Brian tweaked the create a new topic text editor wiget.

Last edited by H.G. Watson, Sr.; 10-29-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Ahh I totally missed that. Thanks!

Hey now Ray is pushing E&O insurance.
    Pick a career Ray.