Steven Langer Guest

Default Jeld Wen windows with gray spacer material melting?

I am not an inspector but found your great site in researching a problem that I have with vinyl double pane windows in an 8 year old building that we had built.\

The building is commercial, but has a lot of residential qualities to it (it is an event center that hosts weddings and special events).

In the past year on the south side of the building, we have noticed that the gray (possibly butyl) that is found along the edges of the interior between the glass is melting and literally both finding it's way to the bottom of the window and collecting in the corners, or, even worse, dripping down the interior of the glass creating unsightly stains that are contained between the panes.

Has anyone run into this with Jeld Wen windows manufactured in early 2004?

Thank you!

Steve Langer
    Denver, CO

Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Jeld Wen windows with gray spacer material melting?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Langer View Post
    I am not an inspector but found your great site in researching a problem that I have with vinyl double pane windows in an 8 year old building that we had built.\

The building is commercial, but has a lot of residential qualities to it (it is an event center that hosts weddings and special events).

In the past year on the south side of the building, we have noticed that the gray (possibly butyl) that is found along the edges of the interior between the glass is melting and literally both finding it's way to the bottom of the window and collecting in the corners, or, even worse, dripping down the interior of the glass creating unsightly stains that are contained between the panes.

Has anyone run into this with Jeld Wen windows manufactured in early 2004?

Thank you!

Steve Langer
    Denver, CO
    Hi Steve,

Looks like the windows have a 10 year warranty ( including Installation.)

Attached Files Attached Files
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.