Default Best Way to get started

I'm new to this forum, and will be taking the NC Home Inspector Licensing test in October. Can someone give me advice on how to study for the test, how to get business, etc?? I've been an engineer and residential contractor for years, but am new to the inspection business.

OREP Insurance

Default Re: Best Way to get started

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lynch View Post
    I'm new to this forum, and will be taking the NC Home Inspector Licensing test in October. Can someone give me advice on how to study for the test, how to get business, etc?? I've been an engineer and residential contractor for years, but am new to the inspection business.
    Welcome Chris,,,,,,
    Pretty much every single person that wants to enter this profession will have the same questions as you and they have been answered numerious times over the years on this discussion board. I would start by searching and reading the forum archives as it as been well covered.

Studying for your state exam is a little more involved as NC has an somewhat antiquated exam. I would think that that a good working knowledge of the IRC and your state HI law and rules would be a good start.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com