Default How many of you...

follow up with your client after the inspection to find out how you did? I am a two man shop and I send out a small postcard that they invert and send back to me postage paid. On the card I have them rate "the inspector" in certain categories. I get probably 85% of these back and there is no better way to tell what you can improve on than to hear it directly from the customer. I make it genaric "from the company" so they feel more comfortable telling the truth. Just thought I would throw that out there for some newer people, this is a great way to critique yourself.

OREP Insurance

Default Re: How many of you...

Larry,

I used to do this same thing, but after awhile gave up on the idea.

Always knew I did the best inspection I could for them so didn't need them to tell me so. All I ever got was suggestions like offering discounts, having coupons, bringing snacks or coloring books for the kids (yeah I actually got that one), tools with company name on them like flash lights, and some wished I could make them a prioritize list of what repairs should be done.

I always told them everything I called out as a repair should be done or it wouldn't have called it out in the first place.

Over the years I've learned to maybe do a twice a year (fall and spring) mailout with "Maintenance Suggestions" for that time of the year. That has worked better for me.

rick

Default Re: How many of you...

I cant say I have ever had requests like that on there but I am sure they will come someday. I have them rate between 1 & 5, 5 being best, still have not scored lower than a 4 so must be doing something right... well I did have one knucklehead rate me a 3 on being punctual to the appointment. Funny thing was client was never at the house. I did the inspection without them there. Must of been watching me from the trees???

Lanny Freng
    Inspection WerX
    "Get the Best of US before your new home gets the best of YOU!"