brianmiller Guest

Default Electrical cable routing

Two questions:

1) would the practically 90 degree bends be considered "excessive"?

2) would you be concerned about the decking adjacent to the cables. I was thinking if there was structural movement the cables could be pinched by the decking, or am I overthinking again. Note: The decking is locked into place (nailed down), and is within 6ft of the attic access opening.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Electrical cable routing

Quote Originally Posted by brianmiller View Post
    Two questions:

1) would the practically 90 degree bends be considered "excessive"? Yes, These bends should not exceed 5 times the diameter or thickness of this cable.. This cable may have all had the insulation damaged by the 90 degree bends.

2) would you be concerned about the decking adjacent to the cables. I was thinking if there was structural movement the cables could be pinched by the decking, or am I overthinking again. Note: The decking is locked into place (nailed down), and is within 6ft of the attic access opening.
    I would not be concerned..

"Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret. " Robert E. Lee