Default A friendly hello!

Hi everyone... My name is Amy Moore and I'm new to this forum. I joined to gather some much needed information and to compare the images posted here to what I'm seeing inside my home HVAC system, which to me, looks absolutely and terrifying! I believe we have a severe black mold problem, and I really need to know what to do next!
    Thanks for any advice anyone can offer in advance!

OREP Insurance

Default Re: A friendly hello!

Where do you believe this "black mould" is? Can you post pictures or a link

Jeff Moore AZ Cert#49250
    Level II Thermographer
    http:www.quantumhomeinspections.com

Thanks so much for your reply...I apologize for the delay in response!!
    This is the story...
    Our a/c unit is located in the garage which is extremely hot most of the time... for a long time, the condensation was draining very poorly from the unit, and we had a continuous leak dripping from the unit, which hangs on it's side, into a large bin below on the garage floor. Finally, I got REALLY tired of dealing with the leak, and I got on a ladder to check it out. There was so much water inside that the coils were falling apart with rust and all of the insulation inside was soaked. The water was NOT draining from inside, and so I used the shop vac outside to suck out the accumulated water and gunk, and bought and used a/c drain pipe cleaner to clean the drain pipe, but still, the unit wasn't draining right. Finally, I used a small shim inside to angle the accumulating condensation toward the drainage pipe, and THAT worked..! In the meantime, after MONTHS of poor drainage and extreme heat in the garage, I became VERY concerned and questioned the appearance of the inside of the unit. I have taken a few pictures, but they are not great... I have had a terrible time with uploading them from my phone, but I'm going to try again... I just wanted to give you some of the background details and respond to you to let you know that I appreciate your reply, and I am trying my best to show you the pictures!
    Thanks again!

I'm sure you know this, but your A/C needs a professional service.

The garage installation of air handlers commonly done here in FL causes many moisture related problems. They all have some mold inside of them. Since this system wasn't draining the condensation for extended periods of time, who knows what the interior looks like.
    A good coil and blower fan cleaning can cost over $400.00. Since you don't have a safety pan float switch or a condensation drain line shut-off switch I assume the unit is aged (10 years or older), so prepare for bad news and budget for a whole new HVAC.

Dom.