Default Possible Employment with Mueller Services

Hi Everyone! New here and this question has probably been asked before but here It goes again if so!

Does anyone have good current info on what it's like working as a field rep for Mueller Services?
    I got my initial phone interview completed this past Friday and now i am kind of just waiting for another call back. they said it was for one of their part time positions and at a rate of $15/hr. and for mileage they paid .40 for every mile. I have seen some other sites like glassdoor.com and ripoff report saying some pretty bad things about them. If anyone on here works for Mueller as a Field Rep can you give some insight into the job as far as the pro's, con's and what is realistic for a day in the life? Thanks!

Bill Walker

OREP Insurance

Default Re: Possible Employment with Mueller Services

Bill,
    If you search Mueller you will find a thread dedicated to and by Mueller field reps. I'm sure the issue is addressed there.

Good luck!

Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

Default Re: Possible Employment with Mueller Services

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Turetsky View Post
    Bill,
    If you search Mueller you will find a thread dedicated to and by Mueller field reps. I'm sure the issue is addressed there.

Good luck!
    I have seen many quotes and things dedicated to what it's like to be a Mueller field rep. I can give you my experience so far. I was told I would make 12.00 an hour and .40 a mile. I would be taking pictures and some measurements, making appts etc. I thought it was a fair deal since I've been a stay at home mom for 10 years but have a college degree and worked as a pharmaceutical rep before that. However, the hiring process was very easy, they didn't ask for my resume or check my references and wanted me to get started on a 2 week training course online. I was told that I would have a field trainer who would be checking on me and work with me at some point. When I started going into the online training, I started to realize that the stuff was a little difficult, almost like what an architect, home inspector would be doing, except they have a lot more training and make a lot more money. Having had a high paying job with a lot of training in the past, I thought this was a lot to ask someone to know for the little money that is paid. As I got towards the end of training where it's time for me to do my 3 test houses, I still hasn't heard from the field trainer, was never given his number and was told that I would meet with the trainer after I did my test houses. The problem is is that I've never done this before and it would be easier to learn how to do these houses if someone had worked with me for 1 day and showed me. After a long back and forth w/QA for the tests, I finally passed and was told I was going to get cases. I was also told that I would be getting a per case fee but that it would still average out to $12 an hour and .40 a mile. We'll see. So now I have my cases, no trainer has called or worked w/me and I was told that the trainer would work w/me for my second set of cases. I have a feeling that's not going to happen. These are my thoughts so far. For the amount of time, using your own computer, printer, camera, batteries, car, gas, etc this isn't a lot of money. I have a cousin who is a real estate agent and she does lender surveys near her home. I asked how much she got paid and she said anywhere from 25.00 to 55.00. However, she just needs to take some pictures outside of the home, upload them etc. She doesn't take measurements, make appts etc. Her job is much easier and she makes more money. That's where I think Mueller takes advantage of their employees. They expect them to use their own equipment, no benefits and then only pay them a little bit per hour. Mueller has high expectations too. If I was a company hiring Mueller services I would be leary of a company that has their employees taking a 2 week to do the work. I would hope that my insurance company would get someone more qualified than me to do a risk survey. Considering that I've had a high paying job in the past, am educated and had way better training than this , I don't consider this a great job. We'll see how it goes.....