Default New product - for me anyway!

I ran into a trap device on a lavatory sink that I have not encountered before and I wanted to see if anyone has any additional information about this device. There was some writing on the side but I could not get my head in the right place to read it and when I took a picture I still could not make out the writing.

Anyone familiar with this trap device? It has a knob on the side and when its turned it sweeps a baffle through a full circle and clears out the trap. I was mostly interested in finding out if this device is code compliant in regard to design and material.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: New product - for me anyway!

I seen advertisement for it but forget what its called.
    Susposed too be able to clear the trap.
    BTW
    Not approved

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Stojanik View Post
    I ran into a trap device on a lavatory sink that I have not encountered before and I wanted to see if anyone has any additional information about this device. There was some writing on the side but I could not get my head in the right place to read it and when I took a picture I still could not make out the writing.

Anyone familiar with this trap device? It has a knob on the side and when its turned it sweeps a baffle through a full circle and clears out the trap. I was mostly interested in finding out if this device is code compliant in regard to design and material.

OK 10 minutes after posting here I found my answers. Follow the link below in case you have not run into these before now.

http://www.pfwaterworks.net/images/d...20Brochure.pdf

But wait, if you call right now we will give you another one for free and ....

I have never seen one till now. It's not code compliant but it doesn't look like such a bad thing if I did see one in the field.

P3201.5 Prohibited trap designs.

Mike Lamb
    Inspection Connection, Inc.
    http://www.inspection2020.com/

I would not get into it being code compliant or not in my report. I would note it as a unique and unusual trap and that unique and unusual things tend to perform in unique and unusual ways. In other words, you have no clue about it's future performance.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

It's a little tiny waterwheel to generate power to charge their electric shaver.

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

But wait! If you're one of the first ten million people to order, we'll include a warp drive FREE!!! Actually, I think it's called the "Clear Trap" or some other claptrap (punny, eh?)...not code compliant as the water seal is easily broken by evaporation.

don agel Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    I seen advertisement for it but forget what its called.
    Susposed too be able to clear the trap.
    BTW
    Not approved
    Guess "not being approved" would have to be taken up with the manufacturer who has written on the ad provided for the product, "code compliant-UPC, IPC, IRC"?

Quote Originally Posted by don agel View Post
    Guess "not being approved" would have to be taken up with the manufacturer who has written on the ad provided for the product, "code compliant-UPC, IPC, IRC"?
    Don't believe everything you see written in ads

From the 2006 IRC (Bold added)
    P3201.5 Prohibited trap designs. The following types of
    traps are prohibited:
    1. Bell traps.
    2. Separate fixture traps with interior partitions, except
    those lavatory traps made of plastic, stainless steel or
    other corrosion-resistant material.
    3. ā€œSā€ traps.
    4. Drum traps.
    5. Trap designs with moving parts.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

don agel Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    Don't believe everything you see written in ads
    Agreed