Thread: Trap?

Default Trap?

At my inspection today this was installed under a bathroom sink. The plumbing was exposed and I'm thinking this is some kind of decorative trap. Anyone familiar with these. It seems no matter how long I do this job I never stop running into things I haven't seen before. I guess that's what keeps me trying to learn. I already commented on the flexible pipe.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance
    Tom Rees / A Closer Look Home Inspection / Salt Lake City, Utah
    http://acloserlookslc.com/

Default Re: Trap?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Rees View Post
    At my inspection today this was installed under a bathroom sink. The plumbing was exposed and I'm thinking this is some kind of decorative trap. Anyone familiar with these. It seems no matter how long I do this job I never stop running into things I haven't seen before. I guess that's what keeps me trying to learn. I already commented on the flexible pipe.
    It's called a bottle trap.
    DecoLav Drains and Accessories 1.25" Decorative Bottle Trap - 9100 | Wayfair
    DecoLav D9100CP Bottle Trap Trap, Tailpiece or Accessory Installation Need - Chrome at Ferguson.com
    I see them most often on pedestal sinks
    BTW
    The accordion tail piece is not allowed.

Last edited by Rick Cantrell; 10-02-2013 at 08:18 PM.
    ' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Thanks Rick and as my post stated I already commented on the flexible pipe. I include this verbage in my report: Bathroom sink drain uses a flexible drain pipe. This type of drain pipe is more likely to clog than smooth wall pipe. A qualified plumber should replace this pipe with standard plumbing components (smooth wall pipe) to prevent clogged drains

Tom Rees / A Closer Look Home Inspection / Salt Lake City, Utah
    http://acloserlookslc.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Rees View Post
    I already commented on the flexible pipe.
    Yes you did, sorry.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.