Default Vanguard Inspection

Has anyone had any experience with Vanguard? Pros on con. Thanks in advance for any comments.

Last edited by Fidel Gonzales; 12-10-2013 at 01:14 PM.
    Crawl Space Creeper
    Fidel F. Gonzales
    RELIANT INSPECTION SERVICE
    http://www.reliant-corp.com

Default Re: Vanguard Inspection

Quote Originally Posted by fidel gonzales View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with Vanguard? Pros on con. Thanks in advance for any comments.
    Vanguard/BISCO formed a joint venture to work the FEMA contract. Vanguard has been around for many years primarily in the contract security guard world, everything from Nuclear power plants, National Strategic Oil Reserve to common bank guards...

BISCO was one of the first home inspection companies in the country, I think they have been around since the 1950's. They are big in REAC inspections. I know the owner of BISCO and I can not see any problems with him or the company.

I think their plan and they way they want to go about the FEMA contract is good, but we will have to wait and see how it all pans out.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by fidel gonzales View Post
    First of all Happy Holidays to you and the family. Thank you for you insight. I'm going to one of there training tomorrow to see if it's something I would interested in.
    Best wishes. Fidel

Fidel F. Gonzales

I got my FEMA badge a few weeks ago and then took the train out to their HQ in Winchester VA for a training class. I'll be taking a pretty big pay cut to work as a disaster inspector with them but it should be interesting work and rewarding in it's own way. Fidel, have you ever been mobilized to a disaster?

Dan Cullen
    www.domicileconsulting.com
    Chicago IL

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cullen View Post
    I got my FEMA badge a few weeks ago and then took the train out to their HQ in Winchester VA for a training class. I'll be taking a pretty big pay cut to work as a disaster inspector with them but it should be interesting work and rewarding in it's own way. Fidel, have you ever been mobilized to a disaster?
    Got a badge. Training and always update available schedule. Put never called

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Fidel F. Gonzales

I just got back from my first VanguardEM/FEMA deployment to Louisiana for the flood disaster.

I knew I was going to take a hit on my daily earnings but I love jumping into The Waters of 'Not Knowing' and I thought that I could at least make a few dollars while helping folks who had been impacted by the 25 inches of rainfall and flooding.

Vanguard had deployed scores if not hundreds of brand new never before deployed inspectors to this incident and did not have the training or support in place to help them be successful. I was with a group of 17 newbie inspectors who were 'trained and supervised' by one veteran inspector who, in addition to her supervisory duties, also had her own inspections to perform.

New inspectors can only make $35 per inspection until you have 200 inspections under your belt. The poor coordination in my area of LA made it impossible to get up and running so I threw in the towel and went back home.

The work is not difficult but the software and the very specific details that FEMA and Vanguard require take some learning; without adequate support in the field I became frustrated and threw in the towel. I wasn't the only one either.

I hear that Parsons Brinkerhoff runs a better operation and pays better too.

Dan Cullen
    www.domicileconsulting.com
    Chicago IL