Default Docusign or getting your contract signed electronically.

Does any one use Docusign or another electronic service to get your contracts signed. How do you get your contracts signed if the client will not be at the inspection?

Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Docusign or getting your contract signed electronically.

Hi Ren

I use Horizon and it sends an email to the client with a link to the Contract and if he agrees with the terms of the contract he hits a secure link on the contract page which sends notification to me via email the agreement has been accepted. Apparently it is legally binding to do so via the internet. I think its the same in the USA?

Merry Christmas

I email a Word doc to them and tell them to either fax or email it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    I email a Word doc to them and tell them to either fax or email it back.
    Same but I email a pre-filled signature page in PDF.

The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by ren ramsey View Post
    Does any one use Docusign or another electronic service to get your contracts signed. How do you get your contracts signed if the client will not be at the inspection?
    I concur with Mr. Wand. I use Carson Dunlop's HORIZON.
    You email your contract to the client. They have a choice of accepting the contract or refusing it by clicking a link within the email. Most times if a client refused the contract they may need something amended. Like a incorrect address or grammatical error.
    The pdf contract is fully visible to the sender with an embedded hyperlink leading back to your HORIZON profile.

NOTE: Contracts and business profiles are saved on their servers for 7 years.

Not being savvy with technology and experiencing data loss on several occasions, being able to retrieve contracts and reports was a positive moral booster and lessons learned for someone like myself.
    Best of luck in your endeavors.
    Call John K. and ask him to explain the HORIZON system to you.

Last edited by ROBERT YOUNG; 12-27-2013 at 06:41 AM.
    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

I use InterNACHI's (free) Online Agreement, works real slick and you can actually have the client retrieve it at your website. never had any problems with it and it is customizable and you can set up multiple types commercial, residential, Radon only..etc.

Kris Svendsen Guest

I use the ISN (Inspection Support Network). When I send the agreement, they can either sign with their mouse on their desktop or finger on their smartphone. In fact, ISN automatically sends the agreement shortly after I complete the order and automatically notifies me when they've signed it. Fast, intuitive, and automatic. I don't have to lift a finger to do anything other than enter the order details.

I use an online Inspection Agreement for clients that can't attend the inspection. I use HomeGauge software, they have an online agreement feature that forces the client to read and accept agreement before the report can be viewed. It works out very well but does not give me anything to print out for my records.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent Tarter View Post
    I use an online Inspection Agreement for clients that can't attend the inspection. I use HomeGauge software, they have an online agreement feature that forces the client to read and accept agreement before the report can be viewed. It works out very well but does not give me anything to print out for my records.
    The Home Gauge system would not work for those of us in NC. NC SOP REQUIRES the Agreement ne signed BEFORE the inspection. I typically just send them a pdf and have them scan and email. No one has had a hard time with it but some people doe have to take it to work to fax or scan and email. Just looking at ways to make it more convenient for them. I don't think I have lost any jobs because of my mow tech method.

Kris Svendsen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ren ramsey View Post
    The Home Gauge system would not work for those of us in NC. NC SOP REQUIRES the Agreement ne signed BEFORE the inspection. I typically just send them a pdf and have them scan and email. No one has had a hard time with it but some people doe have to take it to work to fax or scan and email. Just looking at ways to make it more convenient for them. I don't think I have lost any jobs because of my mow tech method.
    With HomeGauge you actually can get the agreement signed prior to the inspection. There is a "Click to Agree" option that serves as a digital signature. When you send the pre-inspection agreement, they are provided a link that takes them to the agreement. When they click the "I Agree" button you get an email notification indicating they electronically signed your agreement.

There is a "Click to Agree" option that serves as a digital signature. When you send the pre-inspection agreement, they are provided a link that takes them to the agreement. When they click the "I Agree" button you get an email notification indicating they electronically signed your agreement.
    InterNACHI's does too because you need to give your client time to read it. See Free, Online, Signable Inspection Agreement System - InterNACHI

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    I tried to use the "Free" agreement
    and got this message, To continue you must log in with your InterNACHI members-only username and password

Does that mean I have to pay $500.00 to use this :Free" agreement?

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

No. Non-members can't use our free online inspection agreement system at any price. It is only for members. It is one of our many, many, many, many, many free membership benefits. Sorry.

Last edited by Lisa Endza; 12-30-2013 at 09:05 PM.
    Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

For those that send pdf or word (or similar) is there any fear the client changes it?

Do you sign it first and send it over?

I've done the PDF thing for years unsigned but just lately I was worrying about people changing it and sending it back (of course I don't read each one as they come back). I realize all of the automated ones take care of this and it is something I should look into. But, in the meantime, I'm thinking of adding a line in the contract near the signature that says they haven't made any changes.

I'll have to run it by my attorney to be sure but it is worth considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Fellman View Post
    For those that send pdf or word (or similar) is there any fear the client changes it?

Do you sign it first and send it over?

I've done the PDF thing for years unsigned but just lately I was worrying about people changing it and sending it back (of course I don't read each one as they come back). I realize all of the automated ones take care of this and it is something I should look into. But, in the meantime, I'm thinking of adding a line in the contract near the signature that says they haven't made any changes.

I'll have to run it by my attorney to be sure but it is worth considering.
    Ok - I have Adobe Acrobat so I can put in the client information, dates, addresses, special provisions, and digitally sign it before I send it. Most PDF editing and creation software can provide password protection that will allow reading and printing but not editing unless a password is provided.

I don't believe in sending Word files. Too many versions, not everyone can open one and there is no guarantee they'll see what you sent with various translators and readers. PDF and HTML are fairly well set standards for electronic documents. Even then you can't always create a document using the latest versions. Not everyone regularly updates Adobe Reader and not all features of HTML 5 are supported by all browsers. So I create PDFs in Version 6 and HTML in version 4.

The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

You're going to drive yourself and your client crazy. Email fastreply@nachi.org and mention this thread. We'll give you a totally free, invisible membership which gives you unlimited access to Free, Online, Signable Inspection Agreement System - InterNACHI

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

DocuSign eSignature | Sign Documents Online
    Try this... we use it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Brooks View Post
    Ok - I have Adobe Acrobat so I can put in the client information, dates, addresses, special provisions, and digitally sign it before I send it. Most PDF editing and creation software can provide password protection that will allow reading and printing but not editing unless a password is provided.

I don't believe in sending Word files. Too many versions, not everyone can open one and there is no guarantee they'll see what you sent with various translators and readers. PDF and HTML are fairly well set standards for electronic documents. Even then you can't always create a document using the latest versions. Not everyone regularly updates Adobe Reader and not all features of HTML 5 are supported by all browsers. So I create PDFs in Version 6 and HTML in version 4.