Heather Lewis Guest

Default Hello, looking for a dust cap for a suspended sprinkler head, that can remain in plac

I'd appreciate any assistance! Thanks, Heather

OREP Insurance

Default Re: Hello, looking for a dust cap for a suspended sprinkler head, that can remain in

Not sure what you are really after, a sprinkler head in an open ceiling, or one in a drop/suspended ceiling. In either case, maybe something like this:

http://tyco-fire.com/TD_TFP/Gem/TFP645_03_2013.pdf

No reason why you could not use it on a head in a open area like a warehouse, might look odd but provides the dust protection.

Heather Lewis Guest

Default Re: Hello, looking for a dust cap for a suspended sprinkler head, that can remain in

The heads are full pendants and semi-recessed, in a lay in ceiling. It is a sterile storage area, so I am looking for something that won't collect dust, and can remain in place permanently. Thanks!

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Lewis View Post
    The heads are full pendants and semi-recessed, in a lay in ceiling. It is a sterile storage area, so I am looking for something that won't collect dust, and can remain in place permanently. Thanks!
    If it's a Sterile Room why do you think dust will be a problem.
    *or is this a room where packaged sterile products are stored?

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Heather Lewis Guest

It's a place where sterile supplies are stored. Lint and what-not get on the heads over time, and it is difficult to clean the heads without getting dust on the sterile supplies. We are replacing the ceiling panels with vinyl faced panels.

What you want is a dome cover like this:

I'm not sure if they can be retro-fitted, you might need to call in a fire protection guy and they'll probably have something. I'm not sure if this one would fit over the head you have shown as it might extend down too far from the ceiling, so the head might have to be adjusted.

You can email this supplier that I Googled real quick and ask if it can fit onto existing, without removing the head and see if they have other sizes. But, you might want to look up a local fire protection company first.

Escutcheon - Globe The Inch Concealed dome

Or, call the local fire department.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kleisch View Post
    What you want is a dome cover like this:

I'm not sure if they can be retro-fitted, you might need to call in a fire protection guy and they'll probably have something. I'm not sure if this one would fit over the head you have shown as it might extend down too far from the ceiling, so the head might have to be adjusted.
    I would think, because of certifications, this type of device would be mated with the respective sprinkler head from the manufacturer. They look like what you want, but, as suggested, talk to the folks that maintain your sprinkler system. They should be able to come up with something that may help. Also, I don't think that you are the only person in the country that may have this issue, contact other hospitals and ask them what did they do...... you don't have to reinvent the wheel---they may already have done it for you and maybe in a different way.

Heather Lewis Guest

Thank you!