Default Another - Anyone Know What This Thing Is?

This doohickey was on the supply line from a well. No other information was visible. I have never seen one before.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper
    The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

Default Re: Another - Anyone Know What This Thing Is?

I had never seen one till I saw this one. But I know what it is. It is a valve on a well water line.

You can set the valve by degrees to reduce flow. This way the pump, probably a submersible, can only deliver what you allow it to. Keeps the pump from sucking air where there is a slow recovery.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Quote Originally Posted by John Kogel View Post
    I had never seen one till I saw this one. But I know what it is. It is a valve on a well water line.

You can set the valve by degrees to reduce flow. This way the pump, probably a submersible, can only deliver what you allow it to. Keeps the pump from sucking air where there is a slow recovery.
    Thanks! Now I know.

The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

It obviously allows one to adjust the angle of the water coming out of the pipe!

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

If there is significant sediment in the well, it can be avoided by limiting the flowrate from the well. I have used this technique on a personal well, which will pump 12 gpm with lots of sediment, or pretty clean water at 2 gpm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Bostick View Post
    It obviously allows one to adjust the angle of the water coming out of the pipe!
    I think I like your answer. It's obviously being used to avoid having to install so many elbows in the piping.