Default Not an expert but this looks SNAFU

You plumbing experts can help me with this one. How many issues can you see in these pics. Remarkably it was draining. They start from upstream and go downstream. The last one is a separate issue.

Member Benefits1

Default Re: Not an expert but this looks SNAFU

Ren,

Trying to mentally align the plumbing with an imaginary horizon for reference, what I see definitely incorrect is in photo 2 (down from the top) and photo 4 which both show the same (I think the same) trap ... and that trap is not installed "vertically" are required.

There are other potential discrepancies, but I'll have to look back at it later to try to get a better alignment of the piping, but at first glance it looks like there was an extreme lack of planning and foresight to that layout and installation, but not much else ... other the definitely incorrect traps (which are required to be installed "vertical" instead of 'whatever angle allows what I have in the truck to fit in there'.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Ren,

Trying to mentally align the plumbing with an imaginary horizon for reference, what I see definitely incorrect is in photo 2 (down from the top) and photo 4 which both show the same (I think the same) trap ... and that trap is not installed "vertically" are required.

There are other potential discrepancies, but I'll have to look back at it later to try to get a better alignment of the piping, but at first glance it looks like there was an extreme lack of planning and foresight to that layout and installation, but not much else ... other the definitely incorrect traps (which are required to be installed "vertical" instead of 'whatever angle allows what I have in the truck to fit in there'.
    That's what I thought. It just looks like fido's @#$. At least with the traps I can refer it out and have a plumber look at the whole thing while he was there. There were about 3 leaks recalled pex and copper corrosion so that is not the only issue by far.

Obviously, the plumber was getting paid by the joint. Or smoking one.

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504