Default Manabloc manifold...satisfy shutoff at fixture?

Does the Manabloc manifold located in the garage satisfy the requirement to have individual shutoff for fixtures (sink)?

The Pex line goes from the manifold to the sink's hot and cold supply faucet...no shutoff at the sink.

12IRC doesn't say the individual shutoff has to be "at" the fixture. I think it meets the requirement. Am I understanding this right?

Member Benefits1

Default Re: Manabloc manifold...satisfy shutoff at fixture?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Torres Jr View Post
    Does the Manabloc manifold located in the garage satisfy the requirement to have individual shutoff for fixtures (sink)?

The Pex line goes from the manifold to the sink's hot and cold supply faucet...no shutoff at the sink.

12IRC doesn't say the individual shutoff has to be "at" the fixture. I think it meets the requirement. Am I understanding this right?
    The code says that there should be a shut off vale at each fixture, or ... at a manifold and if at a manifold each valve is to be marked and identified as to which fixture it goes to.

From the 2012 IRC:
    - P2903.8.5 Valving.
    - - Fixture valves, when installed, shall be located either at the fixture or at the manifold. If valves are installed at the manifold, they shall be labeled indicating the fixture served.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Thumbs up Re: Manabloc manifold...satisfy shutoff at fixture?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    The code says that there should be a shut off vale at each fixture, or ... at a manifold and if at a manifold each valve is to be marked and identified as to which fixture it goes to.

From the 2012 IRC:
    - P2903.8.5 Valving.
    - - Fixture valves, when installed, shall be located either at the fixture or at the manifold. If valves are installed at the manifold, they shall be labeled indicating the fixture served.
    Thanks for the quick answer. Always an education on this forum. The manifold is labeled...although the valve key to shutoff the water at the manifold is missing. Guess I need to spend more time in the full version of the IRC.