Loren Sanders Sr. Guest

Default Can anyone identify the maker of this shower valve?

This valve leaks at the diverter stem I would like to find out if I need to replace the entire valve? TIA

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Can anyone identify the maker of this shower valve?

My first thought is Moen. Contact them and send them a photo. If it is Moen, you are in luck. They are very helpful and will probably send you the parts free.

Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

Can't really tell by the photo but if thats a hex nut on the valve diverter my guess is that its a replaceable stem or just the o-rings can be replaced.

The easiest way to identify the shower valve is by having pictures of the trim and handle. Also a picture of the stem/cartridge. The screw driver points on each side of the valve are stops to shut the water off to the valve.

Any valve that leaks can be repaired with new stem/cartridge, and your case diverter stem

Loren Sanders Sr. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hasil View Post
    The easiest way to identify the shower valve is by having pictures of the trim and handle. Also a picture of the stem/cartridge. The screw driver points on each side of the valve are stops to shut the water off to the valve.

Any valve that leaks can be repaired with new stem/cartridge, and your case diverter stem
    Thanks much. Here is a photo:

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

I forgot to mention it is not Moen. By the looks of it I would say it might be Danze or Pegasus. Really need to see the cartridge removed for this one. If you remove it snap pics of it next to a ruler to give us length, the top and bottom.

Loren Sanders Sr. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hasil View Post
    I forgot to mention it is not Moen. By the looks of it I would say it might be Danze or Pegasus. Really need to see the cartridge removed for this one. If you remove it snap pics of it next to a ruler to give us length, the top and bottom.
    You are correct I think Ron. I am waiting for Danze to confirm that it is one of their valves from the 80s. The diverter stem under the main body has a tee hole in it for the diverter lever to insert into. The diverter lever is attached to the escutcheon for the main body. On the back of the diverter it seats to switch from tub to shower with a Delta type rubber cap and spring assembly. I replaced this and the O-ring and the drip is fixed. I need Danze to confirm so I can replace the cartridge. Thanks for your suggestions.