Loren Sanders Sr. Guest

Default Can you name the most common brands of faucet and shower valve makers in order

Please list the top 10 brands if you can think of that many. I am trying to identify a shower valve and can only think of Moen, Delta, Crane, Kohler, Stirling, Price Pfister. Don't you just love it when a company is so proud of their products, they don't put their name on it? Leads me to think that it might be foreign made.
    I just don't know on this one. TIA for any thoughts or help.

Inspection Referral

Default Re: Can you name the most common brands of faucet and shower valve makers in order

Quote Originally Posted by Loren Sanders Sr. View Post
    Please list the top 10 brands if you can think of that many. I am trying to identify a shower valve and can only think of Moen, Delta, Crane, Kohler, Stirling, Price Pfister. Don't you just love it when a company is so proud of their products, they don't put their name on it? Leads me to think that it might be foreign made.

Do you have the handle(s)? Quite often you can determine the manufacturer by the handle. Even very generic/simple handles have slight details that distinguish the company.

If you have the handle, bring it to a plumbing supply house, maybe they can help.

If it's the one in the photo you posted, try Moen. Call them, they are very helpful.

Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

Loren Sanders Sr. Guest

Default Re: Can you name the most common brands of faucet and shower valve makers in order

Thanks for the suggestions. I have installed hundreds of Moen valve cartridges and do not recall any looking like this one. I will take the handle to the supply house and see if those guys know what it is. Thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the suggestions. I have installed hundreds of Moen valve cartridges and do not recall any looking like this one. I will take the handle to the supply house and see if those guys know what it is. Thanks again.

Pegasus, Danze, Glacier Bay. Oh yeah the old standard, American Standard.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca