Default Problems with Water Pressure Gauges

I've used numerous different manufacturers of water pressure gauges but continue to have the same problem. After I use it a few times, the gauge gets stuck at between 40 and 60 and will not reset. Currently, I am using Rainbird gauges and have now taken back 5 over the last 3 months. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm in Denver, so we use frost free faucets. I wonder if air is causing the problem.

OREP Insurance

Default Re: Problems with Water Pressure Gauges

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Tipton View Post
    I've used numerous different manufacturers of water pressure gauges but continue to have the same problem. After I use it a few times, the gauge gets stuck at between 40 and 60 and will not reset. Currently, I am using Rainbird gauges and have now taken back 5 over the last 3 months. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm in Denver, so we use frost free faucets. I wonder if air is causing the problem.
    I buy the liquid filled (Glycerin?) from professional equipment (can't recall the brand) for around $25 each and have few problems. You MUST protect from freezing though. Take them inside with you each night during cold weather.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Sounds like the are freezing.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

It never occurred to me that they might freeze causing the problem. Great advise! I'll bring them in.
    Thanks.

It never occurred to me that they might freeze causing the problem. Great advise! I'll bring them in.
    Thanks.
    Just keep them with your brass monkeys.

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

Hi Ron,

I had the same problem and was told not to leave it my truck over night in the winter.

Fidel F. Gonzales
    RELIANT INSPECTION SERVICE
    http://www.reliant-corp.com