Thread: Testing

Default Testing

No new post all day, just checking to see if the site is working.

Crawl Space Creeper
    ' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Default Re: Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    No new post all day, just checking to see if the site is working.
    I've been re-grouting the tile in the bath.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    The beatings will continue until morale has improved. mgt.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

There has been a very sharp dropoff in the usage of this forum. I look every day and see very few new posts. Nothing at all like it used to be.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Heiler View Post
    I've been re-grouting the tile in the bath.
    Yeah, we must be married to the same woman.
    I came home one day and my wife had ripped out the wallpaper in the bathroom, gouged the drywall, and wants me to finish it up.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

A result of Global Warming......

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    There has been a very sharp dropoff in the usage of this forum. I look every day and see very few new posts. Nothing at all like it used to be.
    I've noticed the same thing over the last 6 months or so. I've found myself drifting away for the lack of activity and also it just seems more "busy" and difficult to navigate around. For example, I use to to be able to post a thread and tie in a picture in 30 seconds. Now, the uploading of pics is kind of a hassle. All the pictures I've ever uploaded are there and I often lose the one I'm looking for.... that I just uploaded. Also, all the buttons I'm looking for are buried in ads and such.

I know Brian has to make a buck to run the place but it almost seems like the "making a buck" has overtaken the site. Really, the main thing that keeps me away is the lack of activity... I'm just wondering if some of the other things I mention are keeping others away, too???

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Posting pics is a little cumbersome Matt. I now have to upload them to my Photobucket account first because trying to load them right from my computer gives me error messages. It's not a huge deal but it does make me think twice about posting pics and decide if it want to spend the extra time.

Aside from the picture posting issue, I just got tired the arguing that would take place. I might post up a thread looking for info only to see it devolve into an argument amongst the experts as to who is right and them saying the other is wrong. I often came away more confused than when I started the thread so now I typically just look things up on my own and go with the answer that makes the most sense to me. And the head-butting I did with one person over and over just got stupid. It isn't worth the hassle. My contributions here are way down.

Last edited by Nick Ostrowski; 02-24-2014 at 07:21 AM.
    "It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    Aside from the picture posting issue, I just got tired the arguing that would take place. I might post up a thread looking for info only to see it devolve into an argument amongst the experts as to who is right and them saying the other is wrong. I often came away more confused than when I started the thread so now I typically just look things up on my own and go with the answer that makes the most sense to me. And the head-butting I did with one person over and over just got stupid. It isn't worth the hassle. My contributions here are way down.
    I just recently volunteered to be on the board of my local HI association and the experience has been enlightening. I find myself physically sitting together with fellow inspectors and it has a much more positive feel than I often go away from a message board with. I totally agree with your comments and get discouraged regularly for the exact same reasons. I guess part of it is just human nature. It's much easier for a lot of folks to puff their chests when the puffing is to people they will likely never face.

And it's not just this board.... in fact this board is one of the more civil message boards I frequent, particularly considering there is very little oversight or monitoring. I spend a lot of time on an RV message board and a Chevy truck message board and there is constant fighting and threads getting shut down. I guess it's just a growing pain of the digital age we all live in these days.

In the end the exchange of information is great but has its ups and downs like anything.

This is a great forum, make no mistake about it.

However I am continually dismayed with the constant need for some to re-quote the post above along with the pictures, its takes up a lot of space.

Some discussions go on for ever, and at some point I reach a saturation point having read the answer but then egos and the need to top one another gets out of hand.

Remember when people would exchange written letters by post? Don't ever remember people replying and re quoting the previous letter, why do people find it necessary to do it on forums?

Sure quote a sentence or two, but the whole bloody reply from above, especially the long winded ones.

However this board is still the most professional, I find the ASHI board stuffy and in need of a big overhaul, the Nachi forum has gotten much better and I started posting there again, so there is hope and thats a good thing.

The advertising and placement of same on the forum is a bit much and has radically changed the layout, but other than that, well, there are a lot of knowledgeable members here and I thank you for your input and camaraderie.

Carry on.